All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally want Orange to slay in small all girl again and could they bring back Smoke to medium coed again please? Thank you

While I prefer orange anywhere but large senior selfishly, so I can root for them and stars simultaneously... I don't think they're switching divisions. Apple did great this season, especially for a first year team! Unless they have a lot of graduates, I'd say they'll be around for a while and orange isn't going anywhere.

I personally want Orange to slay in small all girl again and could they bring back Smoke to medium coed again please? Thank you
It's not so easy for Smoke to "just go medium" again, their Johns Creek location is still building up their lower level teams to make them more competitive, let alone field enough level 5 athletes to have a medium coed team. This would only be their 3rd season fielding a Worlds team (if they have enough athletes to actually do so), so give them time.

I thought Smoke did pretty okay this season. They didn't have the most consistent performances or the highest difficulty, but I would still rank their technique and execution among the top in the country for small coed. They had quite a lot of changes to their roster throughout the season too, that's why they dropped from having 5 stuns groups to just 4. One of their targets this season, I'm guessing, would be just to put on consistent performances and hope for minimal changes in their roster.

It's not so easy for Smoke to "just go medium" again, their Johns Creek location is still building up their lower level teams to make them more competitive, let alone field enough level 5 athletes to have a medium coed team. This would only be their 3rd season fielding a Worlds team (if they have enough athletes to actually do so), so give them time.

I thought Smoke did pretty okay this season. They didn't have the most consistent performances or the highest difficulty, but I would still rank their technique and execution among the top in the country for small coed. They had quite a lot of changes to their roster throughout the season too, that's why they dropped from having 5 stuns groups to just 4. One of their targets this season, I'm guessing, would be just to put on consistent performances and hope for minimal changes in their roster.
I don't think Smoke was ever medium coed, even at Marietta. They were large limited back in the day, but the one year they were a team when medium coed was first created, they were small coed.

I don't think Smoke was ever medium coed, even at Marietta. They were large limited back in the day, but the one year they were a team when medium coed was first created, they were small coed.
Haha... I'm aware, but for people who aren't familiar with divisions pre-medium coed, it's just easier to refer to them as "medium coed" even though I know they were allowed 4 less males but 6 more athletes in total.

Haha... I'm aware, but for people who aren't familiar with divisions pre-medium coed, it's just easier to refer to them as "medium coed" even though I know they were allowed 4 less males but 6 more athletes in total.
Interesting, I've never heard anyone refer to large limited as medium, only semi-limited. Large limited was always small or large-small and small limited was small-small.

Interesting, I've never heard anyone refer to large limited as medium, only semi-limited. Large limited was always small or large-small and small limited was small-small.
I've seen it a couple of times, I know it's very inaccurate but it just makes my life easier, hahah... technically, large senior is the current existing division that is closest to large limited coed because all you have to do is to replace 4 females with 4 males, but people don't see it that way. To them coed and all-girl are completely different, so "medium coed" becomes like the pseudo-reference to large limited and semi-limited coed divisions.

now that stingrays have apple, i cant see peach and orange ever changing divisions at this point. Unless they lose a massive amount of girls to aging out.
And even then they still have A TON of talented girls on the R5 and J5 (and level 4) teams that can move up. They are an all around/every level is good gym...which is why they're so competitive at Worlds AND Summit year after year. Even if they have 1/2 a team graduate/age out, they have plenty of talent to pull up and be successful.

While I prefer orange anywhere but large senior selfishly, so I can root for them and stars simultaneously... I don't think they're switching divisions. Apple did great this season, especially for a first year team! Unless they have a lot of graduates, I'd say they'll be around for a while and orange isn't going anywhere.
Taking off from other posts, in addition to having great R5, J5, & Youth5 athletes, I'm pretty sure they have MASSIVE females try out for their worlds teams, Atlanta is very huge on cheer, so I could see them almost never needing a Division switch.

Shows how much I read, I seen the tweet and just assumed they were getting a medium all girl in addition to medium coed lol
I think it is. Instagram post says "Obsession and Diamonds welcome "Lady Eve"". So I think this means 3 L5 worlds teams.

I think it is. Instagram post says "Obsession and Diamonds welcome "Lady Eve"". So I think this means 3 L5 worlds teams.
It's 3 different teams, but in another tweet they said that Obsession is medium all girl.

Back