High School 2016 Camp Fun Days!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2014
There are outdated posts about this topic. Starting a fresh one up!

My teams are heading to NCA at the end of August. I'm starting to brainstorm fun day ideas. This year's theme is "game changer".. I never usually go with their theme. Here's what we have done in the past:
  • Warriors
  • Hawaiian
  • Army/camo
  • Football players
  • 80s
  • Tie dye
  • Disney
  • Cowgirls
I've been entertaining the idea of Varsity being the Pink Ladies & JV being the T-Birds (Grease). I'm getting married this October so I was also thinking about Varsity being brides and JV being bridesmaids.. Tulle skirts, etc. BUT I don't want it to be about me, haha.

I've asked my veterans for ideas but they have nothing. So... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

There are outdated posts about this topic. Starting a fresh one up!

My teams are heading to NCA at the end of August. I'm starting to brainstorm fun day ideas. This year's theme is "game changer".. I never usually go with their theme. Here's what we have done in the past:
  • Warriors
  • Hawaiian
  • Army/camo
  • Football players
  • 80s
  • Tie dye
  • Disney
  • Cowgirls
I've been entertaining the idea of Varsity being the Pink Ladies & JV being the T-Birds (Grease). I'm getting married this October so I was also thinking about Varsity being brides and JV being bridesmaids.. Tulle skirts, etc. BUT I don't want it to be about me, haha.

I've asked my veterans for ideas but they have nothing. So... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
We're UCA brand, our themes are always tied to whatever they choose. So I can't help on things we've done in the past, but I can offer new ideas! I like your Grease idea, that's pretty cute!

- Referees (stripped shirts, whistles. They are game changers for sure)
- Toddlers & Tiaras
- Grandmas & Babies (JV could dress as big babies and Varsity as old grandmas)
- Dr Suess Hoo's from Hooville
- Superheros (JV superman Varsity batman)
- Pirates
- Under the sea (mermaids, fish, the possibilities are endless)
- Olympic athletes (gymnasts in leos with medals / swim caps, goggles and medals)
- Not sure if you even want to touch politics, but it could be funny to blow up and print out Trumps face and Hillary's Face. Cut out the eye holes, put them on sticks and carry around over their faces. JV could be one politician and Varsity the other. I think that would tie into the "game changer" theme.

We did a "pink ladies" theme my freshman year of high school, we had pink lady t-shirts and did our home routine to "greased lightning"! It was a lot of fun!

You could do a superhero theme and have Varsity dress as DC Universe characters (Superman, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, etc.) and have JV dress as Marvel Universe characters (Ironman, Captain America, Spiderman, etc.)

We're UCA brand, our themes are always tied to whatever they choose. So I can't help on things we've done in the past, but I can offer new ideas! I like your Grease idea, that's pretty cute!

- Referees (stripped shirts, whistles. They are game changers for sure)
- Toddlers & Tiaras
- Grandmas & Babies (JV could dress as big babies and Varsity as old grandmas)
- Dr Suess Hoo's from Hooville
- Superheros (JV superman Varsity batman)
- Pirates
- Under the sea (mermaids, fish, the possibilities are endless)
- Olympic athletes (gymnasts in leos with medals / swim caps, goggles and medals)
- Not sure if you even want to touch politics, but it could be funny to blow up and print out Trumps face and Hillary's Face. Cut out the eye holes, put them on sticks and carry around over their faces. JV could be one politician and Varsity the other. I think that would tie into the "game changer" theme.
The Toddlers and Tiaras theme sounds hilarious!

At our staff meeting, we did the Game Changers theme as well! We had every group dress as a different sports team. My group was Syncronized Swimming so we had lots of ugly one pieces and floaties!! I think my favorite group was basketball, and they made shirts to look like jerseys from Space Jam!

At our staff meeting, we did the Game Changers theme as well! We had every group dress as a different sports team. My group was Syncronized Swimming so we had lots of ugly one pieces and floaties!! I think my favorite group was basketball, and they made shirts to look like jerseys from Space Jam!

I love this! We will at Bryn Mawr (PA) 8/26-8/29. Not sure if that's your section!

I love this! We will at Bryn Mawr (PA) 8/26-8/29. Not sure if that's your section!
I've worked Bryn Mawr 2 the last two years, but unfortunately I couldn't swing enough time off from clinicals to be there again this year. I promise you won't be disappointed with the staff! Always such a talented staff at Bryn Mawr!

When I was in school one of our competitors did the Grease theme and had custom bomber jackets that had pink ladies printed on the back, I just about died soo cute.

Back