All-Star 2016 Champions League

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yep--- sure is. It is at the red pointer--

ETA- sorry the image is large. I do not know how to reduce the size.

The public garages at National Harbor are 24 hour if you're doing BATC. I want to say that I pay less than $30 for Friday night thru late Sunday.

I wonder if Laz has garages in DC. I've used them in Philly and Jersey City (for commuting into NYC) and they're 24 hours and reasonable. Off to google.

I just booked my room at Loews. They just confirmed that it's $50/day for parking. If you're willing to park somewhere else other than your hotel, there's a website called SpotHero where you can pre-book a parking space. So far the cheapest near my hotel is $65 for the weekend.

Last edited:
I am not very happy right now.
The person in charge of STP at this competition emailed me back when I inquired about an exception form.

"We do not have an exception form for this competition".

I travel extensively for work and use my hotel points to make this sport affordable. I have a room booked on points for this weekend already. I can't believe they are not allowing an exception form. I thought Champions League's goal was to be different than the other guys.

Last edited:
I hate that Champions League is now STP. Bad enough that the hotel price is high but $45/night for parking??? I thought this competition was designed to be an alternative to Varsity :(

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
I'm having a not so mild meltdown over this. Our whole team had prebooked (not through CL, but at a stay to play hotel) and are being told we need to be rehoused or our kids can't compete. CL has made a lot of cheer moms very angry today.

I'm curious, since I haven't had to battle the beast that is STP yet, are any gyms pulling out of CL now that it's become STP or thinking about it? I can't imagine a STP in D.C. or the surrounding area; I've vacationed there and OUCH! Pretty sure after reading all of this that the CL is trying to overtake Dallas' title of 'Worst STP Experience Ever'.

Do local teams have to abide by STP? If not, what do they considered local?
We have been told that since we are in the area we do not have to STP, although quite a few of us have opted to STP. After reflecting on LA, a lot of us have realized that driving back/forth could be a little crazy.

I really didn't think the room rates were unreasonable for the area :shrug: I checked the pricing at a couple of hotels not on the list, and they're $20-50 more per night, and they're in the same general, walkable area.

I am not very happy right now.
The person in charge of STP at this competition emailed me back when I inquired about an exception form.

"We do not have an exception form for this competition".

I travel extensively for work and use my hotel points to make this sport affordable. I have a room booked on points for this weekend already. I can't believe they are not allowing an exception form. I thought Champions League's goal was to be different than the other guys.

They are different than the other guys. The other guys have an exception form.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back