2017-2018 Summit Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2017
The parents were told that the youth division may not be eligible for Summit anymore for the 2017-2018 season. Has anyone else heard this? Does USASF really have it on the table?

The parents were told that the youth division may not be eligible for Summit anymore for the 2017-2018 season. Has anyone else heard this? Does USASF really have it on the table?
USASF does not control Summit at all, it would be Varsity.

Seriously doubt that, it wouldn't make sense financially for Varsity.

From a parents viewpoint, I don't think it would be a bad thing. It would save parents money and give CP's something to look forward to as they get older.

That would kill their revenue. I don't see it happening

Unless, perhaps, the complaint of "not enough bids" is making them rethink things. They only have so much time and space, so it may be that they are thinking of expanding bids to Jr. and Sr. teams and cutting out Youth. Same money, more opportunities for the older athletes, and gives younger athletes an incentive to stay in AS.

Unless, perhaps, the complaint of "not enough bids" is making them rethink things. They only have so much time and space, so it may be that they are thinking of expanding bids to Jr. and Sr. teams and cutting out Youth. Same money, more opportunities for the older athletes, and gives younger athletes an incentive to stay in AS.

Apparently they added more bids this year. I can't remember where I read it, it was either here or Cheerupdates.

That's a good point, but but would have worked better is USASF kept the age grid. Now you can have any age on Junior, so it will just dilute that division. Our gym is a large gym and they decided to not have a junior this year. They went from youth, maxed out the ages... then senior. However, I bet if they knew this at tryouts they would have had junior teams because they love having a strong Summit presence. So unless they put the bottom ages back in, it is just shifting divisions.

Maybe they are thinking this for next year when USASF tries to roll out age brackets again.

Apparently they added more bids this year. I can't remember where I read it, it was either here or Cheerupdates.

That's a good point, but but would have worked better is USASF kept the age grid. Now you can have any age on Junior, so it will just dilute that division. Our gym is a large gym and they decided to not have a junior this year. They went from youth, maxed out the ages... then senior. However, I bet if they knew this at tryouts they would have had junior teams because they love having a strong Summit presence. So unless they put the bottom ages back in, it is just shifting divisions.

Maybe they are thinking this for next year when USASF tries to roll out age brackets again.

Just a thought, but if there is any truth to this rumor it could be their intent to phase out youth and let those ages fall into Mini or Jr. Youth 3 doesn't have too many teams, and 4 and 5 are sparse, so I can see the logic. As far as your gym, they would still be able to switch from the Youth division to Jr. if they wanted to.

Will summit have xsmall divisions. I see that EPs can choose to have xsmall i.e xsmall r5 if they have enough teams and actually want to split divisions, but does this translate to Summit or is it just small and large now? Where if any is definitive documentation of Summit divisions for 2018?

Will summit have xsmall divisions. I see that EPs can choose to have xsmall i.e xsmall r5 if they have enough teams and actually want to split divisions, but does this translate to Summit or is it just small and large now? Where if any is definitive documentation of Summit divisions for 2018?
I don't believe Varsity has announced its summit divisions. At least they haven't announced they'll be having any xs divisions that I can remember.

Back