Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And now all the posts by the OP are edited too so you can't see anything unless it's in a reply. Looks like we might've scared her off for awhile :(

But King gave her the opportunity to change it and I gave an explanation as to why. THEN she left.

You can understand why King would want it changed, right?
I agree with @dawgshow on this one. The title piqued my interest and once you read the first sentence you saw exactly where it was leading. @Cheeraholic's post was cute and funny. I hope she comes back to the board. She can sit with us in the parent section.

I agree with @dawgshow on this one. The title piqued my interest and once you read the first sentence you saw exactly where it was leading. @Cheeraholic's post was cute and funny. I hope she comes back to the board. She can sit with us in the parent section.

King wasn't worried about the people that opened and read the thread. He was worried about people that just saw the title.

Correct me if I'm wrong @King

If I ran a business, I wouldn't sit idly by while someone cutely implied that they were defrauded of $2k in the headline. Too many people don't go further than the headline.

I thought his offer was perfectly reasonable. I would have just changed it without her permission.

King wasn't worried about the people that opened and read the thread. He was worried about people that just saw the title.

Correct me if I'm wrong @King

If I ran a business, I wouldn't sit idly by while someone cutely implied that they were defrauded of $2k in the headline. Too many people don't go further than the headline.

I thought his offer was perfectly reasonable. I would have just changed it without her permission.

That is correct. The title was misleading in a way that people can badly interpret what she was trying to say. I never said the post or discussion was bad, but I saw the title and assumed I was about to read a post about how someone said something on here that cost her business $2,000.

Not sure why she got scared off. That isn't the meanest or threatening thing I have ever posted.

Are you really? I can see who it would cause someone to leave. A funny title was put up (which was immediately understood once the post was read) and the OP was told to change it immediately. It could cause me to not visit the site again if I was a newbie.

I completely agree. I would also get the impression that the board admins don't have much faith in their memberships cognitive abilities. Every board I have belonged to has had people make funny or weird thread titles to get people to read them.
It was a joke and I doubt anyone would just read it and go "OMFG THE FIERCEBOARD IS A SCAM YALL!!!!" And then never actually open it to read.
And it is really hypocritical to delete this but leave almost 10 pages of people talking about a minor's chest size.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I completely agree. I would also get the impression that the board admins don't have much faith in their memberships cognitive abilities. Every board I have belonged to has had people make funny or weird thread titles to get people to read them.
It was a joke and I doubt anyone would just read it and go "OMFG THE FIERCEBOARD IS A SCAM YALL!!!!" And then never actually open it to read.
And it is really hypocritical to delete this but leave almost 10 pages of people talking about a minor's chest size.

He didn't want to delete it, just change the title. Funny or weird is fine but while most people would read the thread, some would not. Or imagine seeing something about "fierce board cost me 2000 dollars" as a non member. You probably wouldn't want to join the board based on that one thing, and may not even bother to read it.

I wasn't scared off. I was irritated by the silliness of saying my post was inappropriate, which it was not, especially when I've seen tons of truly inappropriate posts and comments on this board. I didn't reply because #1-I've been at work and #2-I think I can be fairly sarcastic, unintentionally usually, and I didn't when want to reply when I was still aggravated and have the admin gods get offended. I was really just sharing what I thought was a kinda funny story and another example of how I'm a salesperson's dream. I buy and sign up for EVERYTHING. Cheer camp wasn't the only thing I bought that I found on this board. And I've only been on a few days. I really am going to go broke....hence the aforementioned job. :) Anyway....I was hoping to meet other parents who love cheer and are maybe a little over the top with their cp like I am. I wasn't trying to ruin anyone's business or create drama.

I wasn't scared off. I was irritated by the silliness of saying my post was inappropriate, which it was not, especially when I've seen tons of truly inappropriate posts and comments on this board. I didn't reply because #1-I've been at work and #2-I think I can be fairly sarcastic, unintentionally usually, and I didn't when want to reply when I was still aggravated and have the admin gods get offended. I was really just sharing what I thought was a kinda funny story and another example of how I'm a salesperson's dream. I buy and sign up for EVERYTHING. Cheer camp wasn't the only thing I bought that I found on this board. And I've only been on a few days. I really am going to go broke....hence the aforementioned job. :) Anyway....I was hoping to meet other parents who love cheer and are maybe a little over the top with their cp like I am. I wasn't trying to ruin anyone's business or create drama.

A million shimmy's to you if it was possible!!!!! I only caught the tail end of everything but let me just start everything over again as a whole:

Hello there @Cheeraholic welcome to the Fierceboard!!!!! We are generally a pretty good group of folks!! I am certainly a parent that loves cheer and there is no doubt I am a little over the top with my CP!!!! I hope to get to know you and I'm sure I'm not the only one!!! ;):cool:

dont let them people do that to you, theres a select few on here that will do that to pretty much anyone new, but the rest of us are friendly! welcome to the Board!

Good. I'm glad you didn't leave.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Back