All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our gym stays at the All-Star Resort, so whatever the cost for usually 5 nights. Flights are on our own dime and we pay for coaches travel (flights and hotel, usually about $100-150/athlete). Then clothing is on top of that, usually close to $100. If we rent a gym, that's added in. We also fly down so World's is about $1200 - $1500 per athlete, depending on seat sales and such

My child isn't on a Worlds team, but for the Summit, we pay travel expenses for the coaches. Airfare, hotel, food, coach fees...It's an "added" competition, so we only pay when a team goes. For the Summit, we are paying an additional fee of $565...that covers Summit fees, practice wear, coach fees, practice in Florida. We are then responsible for our athlete's travel, hotel, and whatever other personal expenses.

I understand about paying for our own travel costs and the competition fee for the athlete, my question is just about the extras....coaches travel and accommodations I guess is really what seems to be making up the bulk of our "extra" fees.
I feel that we are being asked for a huge amount of money...once we get our final bill it will be around $1000, this is on top of our own travel expenses.

I'm confused by your question, then. Both the answers you were given answered about coach travel expenses.

We pay for coaches' expenses for other comps so I'd expect the same for Worlds also, unless it's already built in for the season.

We do not have a paid bid... I can see that the fee per athlete is $310 and then it is $500 to practice at World's for 2 hours. What other fees are you, as a parent, being asked to pay by your gym?? Do you pay for your coaches to travel (by airplane) to Orlando??? What about the coaches hotel accommodations? TIA

Our gym will have an air conditioned covered practice spring floor which is sweet! But that's summit and also because I believe we have at least 10 teams going. Athlete fee $275. $100 for summit gear. We pay hotel, travel and what not. We have parent meeting Wednesday to determine the rest. Our coach travel fees have been bundled up in the tuition all year so not sure about that either. Not sure about worlds.

I understand about paying for our own travel costs and the competition fee for the athlete, my question is just about the extras....coaches travel and accommodations I guess is really what seems to be making up the bulk of our "extra" fees.
I feel that we are being asked for a huge amount of money...once we get our final bill it will be around $1000, this is on top of our own travel expenses.

CP isn't on a World's team, but at our gym coaches fees and travel are paid for so it would be included.

Well, I'm sure the fees will vary based on lots of variables. I'll tell you that we have parents who feel that $565 is unacceptable and outrageous. ;)

When we went on an "at large" bid we paid for the All Star package (for our child) and then whatever airfare and food were. We did some fundraising (bake sale and garage sale) which helped cover cost of practice clothes and coaches expenses.

I just checked and the only local team I know of that lists their Worlds fees in their tryout packet charges $1600. It includes five nights in a hotel, in addition to coaches fees, transportation, and comp fees.

I've been on an AL and PP bids. Generally, with a PP bid ($3000), coaches travel has been covered by that. We usually have 2-3 coaches. Again, though, we're flying from Canada, so flights are a lot more for us too.

OMG I couldn't afford summit at some of y'all's gyms.

We do have a paid bid so we pay nothing but whatever it costs to get us there and then of course the parent pays for their self.

Even the teams on at large just pay whatever the summit athlete fee is.

We pay it all online ourselves directly to through the summit website and our gym isn't asking for extra money.

We don't have coaches fees or anything like that.

We will pay one fee of $40 to get the kids their own buses but that was charged to everyone.

The gym covers coaches flights and stays or what not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back