All-Star 4, 3, 2, 1's

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 26, 2010

does anyone do the 4, 3, 2, 1 drill? (standing 4 bhs to tuck/layout/full/ etc. then 3 bhs then 2 & 1) we do them in practice & if i have time to breathe & like re-adjust i can land everything but i can't when it's as fast as we've been doing them literally land & turn right away to do the next set i get SOO dizzy :( if anyone else does them how can i not get so dizzy/what are your experiences?

(i know there was a thread about generally getting dizzy after tumbling but thats not the case it's only with this 1 drill)

I don't really understand this drill... can you explain it more? It kind of sounds like someone is bound to snap their neck doing this

hahaa we do it in tumbling lines it's standing 4 back handsprings by itself, or to a tuck, or layout, or full (depending on what level you are) then after you land you turn around & do 3 handsprings to one of them then 2 then 1. like everyone gets on a line & you go straight down the line then once you land you turn around & go back the way you came. hopefully this makes a little more sense? sorry!

ICE does this! I never got dizzy, but i think it's because we condition a ton. So, i think you kinda just have to get use to it. Sorry not very helpful, but i'm not really sure what could help that.

I happens worse if you throw your head, so try your best to not if you are :)

yeah i know girls/boys whoo do them! and they do 6,5,4,2,1..dont ask how? my best friend did them at her old gym....

ICE does this! I never got dizzy, but i think it's because we condition a ton. So, i think you kinda just have to get use to it. Sorry not very helpful, but i'm not really sure what could help that.

yeah i just started this past season but they weren't as fast as we do them now because we use to do them on our own but now they're to counts so it's a lot faster. i can do them perfectly fine when i get a second rather than land & turn immediately but i guess like you said i just have to get used to it!

I happens worse if you throw your head, so try your best to not if you are :)
i'm actually not sure if i do but i'll make sure i don't now thank you!

Reactions: ian
yeah i just started this past season but they weren't as fast as we do them now because we use to do them on our own but now they're to counts so it's a lot faster. i can do them perfectly fine when i get a second rather than land & turn immediately but i guess like you said i just have to get used to it!

i'm actually not sure if i do but i'll make sure i don't now thank you!

Yeah, I had a problem with getting dizzy, mostly with whips / tick tock passes but it seemed to help me :)

Back