A Couple Of Newbie Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

emo_wifey

Cheer Parent
Jul 13, 2015
I joined yesterday and have been lurking on some other boards while waiting for my time to be up. I noticed a cheer parents area, although I don't see any posts there. Is this an area like 18+ and coaches that needs to be requested?

Also what is the appropriate amount of time you can continue to comment on an older thread before it's been too long? Or say, how long does it need to have been before starting a new thread because the last one on the subject is too old? Should I look back two years for a thread on parent squads or is six months back far enough, for example? On other forum sites I've been a part of, replying to a month old post is a little strange. Just wondering how it is here!

Welcome!

After your 3 posts and usually about 72 hours, you will be freed from the Newbie section to post away wherever your heart desires. There's no notification about it, you will just be able to suddenly post.

Use the search bar; sometimes there are even more recent threads on the same topic. Every once in a while when there is an existing thread that people want to bring back to life, they just bump it. And then there are some threads that just never die, no matter how old they are.

PM @SharkDad for access to the parent section.

Welcome!

After your 3 posts and usually about 72 hours, you will be freed from the Newbie section to post away wherever your heart desires. There's no notification about it, you will just be able to suddenly post.

Use the search bar; sometimes there are even more recent threads on the same topic. Every once in a while when there is an existing thread that people want to bring back to life, they just bump it. And then there are some threads that just never die, no matter how old they are.

PM @SharkDad for access to the parent section.

Awesome, thanks!

Welcome!

There's no real rule about replying to an old thread, but generally people don't do it unless they have some new information to add to it. Replying to a month old thread just to add your opinion is somewhat frowned upon, but replying to a year old thread where we're speculating about a possible rule change to mention that the rule change did in fact go through, for example, is fine. Use your best judgement, but I would try and avoid resurrecting old threads unless you think you have something important to add.

Back