All-Star A New Name For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Like it was already said, I'm all for the positives of being named a sport like scholarships etc. but I just don't see getting the sterotype out of many people's minds. It's too large of a population of people that immediately think poms. There's a camp at my school right now with UCA and everyone is already saying "oh no cheerleaders, rah rah rah" and saying "just like you!" to me (i work in an on campus office.) and these are the times where I wish i kept my cheer past a secret and not told them. because i just look at them and say, no, i'm not like them. I'm tired of explaining that I did one year of high school and that was enough, the stereotype is too deep in our society from media and what people see on sidelines the "one time" they watch the cheerleaders. i don't enjoy what they do on sidelines, that's not fun to me, thats why i only did one year, i do more competively. usually its just laughs and weird looks at me instead of probing questions about what all I did competively. no one really cares to be "wrong" by assuming our stereotype.

Back