All-Star Acedad Meme Contest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2lo63hs.jpg

Okay I tried again

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

The Super Panel will be releasing the results soon....But, as promised:

The Tranny Story

All other stories were lost when Pro-X crashed....This was the only one that was written in Windows and saved. So the Scary Halloween Hooker Makeup Competition and many other noteworthy stories were lost.

This incident took place about 14 years ago. Our CP was 9 at the time and had been in All-Star cheerleading for about 3 years. Those first few years were 'The age of cheer innocence'....Before all the bad crap started happening in the sport. Things were still pure and we were still having a good time, most of the time. Time marched on....and not everything remained pretty, but there were still stories to tell from the 'good 'ole days' and this was one of them, as it was originally written with the exception of update for number of years in the past.

Names other than mine or Caitlin's will be just initials to protect the identity of the innocent!

About fourteen years ago, Kentucky Elite was going to Jamfest in Louisville.  The competition was a Sunday event and since Louisville is only an hour and a half from Lexington most of the gym was going early Sunday morning.  However, Caitlin was competing in a stunt group.  Stunt groups and individuals were competing on Saturday morning, which meant that we had to then spend Friday night in Louisville. 

I was team mom, so I contacted Jamfest and got a list of the hotels that were getting competition rates. We settled on the Holiday Inn and I made the reservations for the 3 rooms that we would need for the one night we would be there without our gym.  The traveling group was composed of the 5 girls in the stunt group (oldest was 10 years old), moms of all, and aunt and grandparents of another.  Quite a motley crew!

We traveled to Louisville in the minivan caravan and eventually found the Holiday Inn!  I had Caitlin, T, T's mom and J in the van with me.  Everyone else was following me---really bad mistake, I'm navigationally impaired (but I had the map---what could go wrong?).  We were in the heart of downtown Louisville and I kept telling the girls to be on the lookout for the Holiday Inn sign. J spots the Holiday Inn sign first. (It is important to let you know that J is a wonderful child--but just a little bit country!)  J is yelling and point at the Holiday Inn sign, "There it is, there's the motel, there's the motel, over there".  I spot the sign and think all is well (never think all is well)!  My little precious, beautiful, princess pipes up and says, "That's not a Motel--It is a Hotel! The Presson's never stay in Motel's, they aren't classy, we only stay in Hotels!!

OMG--did I just hear this!?!  Keeping in mind that J's mom and aunt both work at a Motel, I try to correct this little verbal faux pas by saying, "Caitlin, we have stayed in Motels before".  She comes back with, "Yeah, Mom, but you said it was a dump and you would never stay in a Motel again".  Do they listen to everything that we say?

After circling the block twice, we finally got to the Hotel—We were all happy that finding the hotel was the only bad thing for the day!! WRONG!!! The crew schlepped to the check-in and we got our rooms, all together, but on the top floor. ****You know that feeling that you get when you know something isn’t right but can’t quite put your finger on it—well, I had that feeling.**** While checking in we saw other little cheerleaders with rolled hair, parents sporting their gym’s shirts, and there were these two guys that were carrying garment bags (not like luggage garment bags), but more the kind that you would carry a tux or dress in. ***There was absolutely nothing unusual, but I still had that strange feeling.***

In the elevator ride to our rooms we decided to meet in the hotel restaurant for dinner—all was well!! When we got to the restaurant we stood at the hostess stand for at least 10 minutes. We could see people in there eating, so we knew that they were open. Finally, a very weary looking woman came to seat us. She gave us menus and said that they were understaffed, so it might be a while before we had our orders taken. That was fine---we had nothing to do but roll hair! We waited and waited and waited, and it occurred to me that I hadn’t seen the hostess/server in a long time. She had not been back to any table since we were seated. We waited another 10 minutes, and I decided to walk around to see if I could figure out what was going on. I could find no employee in the restaurant!! After going back to talk to my table—I decided to go to the front desk.

Me: "There is some kind of problem in the restaurant. There appears to be no server, maybe somebody needs to see if she is sick or something.

Front Desk person: "What do you mean there is no server? There should be a server and a hostess."

Me: "We were seated a half an hour ago, and the server has not been to our table. There are other tables that are in there that have food, but no server has been back to their tables either. I don’t know what is going on---but someone needs to come check."

I go back to the restaurant and we all wait for someone to take our order. Of course the girls were whining because they were "huuungryyy". The moms were hungry too and we were about to start whining when the hotel manager comes to our table.

Hotel Manager: "I’m sorry ladies but the restaurant is closed."

Me: (looking at my watch) "But it’s only 6:30 and you are supposed to be open until 9:00pm."

HM: "Well, we can’t stay open because everyone just quit."

Me: "What do you mean they all quit?"

HM: "They just all quit! We have no one left working in the restaurant."

Me: "So I assume we are getting no food (duh)?"

HM: "Not here you aren’t. I’m sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it."

Our table would now have to look for some other place to eat. We weren’t really happy with the prospect of getting out in downtown Louisville, so I go back to the front desk in order to get directions to a restaurant (since I was the reluctant travel-leader). While getting directions***that odd feeling came back***, and I saw this guy walking through the lobby in full beauty pageant regalia. Thinking that was rather odd I just had to ask!

Me: " Is there a costume party or something going on here tonight?"

Front Desk: "No. He is here with the "Transvestite—Transexual—Leather Convention!"

Me: "Excuse me?? There is what kind of convention here?"

FD: "The Transvestite—Transexual—Leather Convention."

Me: "You have got to be kidding me?!?"

FD: "No. That convention has about ¾ of the hotel and the cheerleading competition has about ¼."

Me: "Do you think maybe you should have informed me that this group would be here when I was making the reservation? Do you realize that there are going to be very young children here tonight? Do you think that any of these parents want their children exposed to whatever is going on here tonight? I’m shocked no one told me this!!"

FD: "I’m sorry. But you shouldn’t see them much since all the ballrooms are on the second floor. Ballroom 1 is for the pageant and dance. Ballroom 2 is the leather show. And Ballroom 3 is for meet-and-greet. If you stay off the second floor your children shouldn't notice much."

Me: "Notice??---they have already noticed the guy in the dress!! I just hope that is the worst of it!" (Sometimes you don’t get what you hope for!)

I get directions to a restaurant and go back to the group. I huddled the moms around and gave them the details of our current situation. After the near fainting and hysterical laughter ended, we headed to the restaurant. That went well and it was a good thing---the moms had just about had all the excitement that we could take for one day.

When we returned to the hotel I knew things were going to be bad when a police officer opened the door for us. On the way to the elevator we passed 3 guys in dresses and one in a leather thong. The girls really were trying not to laugh---but they couldn’t help it. One of the guys in a dress was about 6'6" tall and all 5 girls just stood and looked up at him...As if he were some kind of bigger than life Ken doll that had on Barbie's clothes.

We finally made it back to the room and everyone gathered in my room, because I had the blender!! There was NO DOUBT that we would need fruity blender drinks...It had been a rough day already. The girls wanted to go to the pool to swim—the moms said No, because we had to roll hair. But J’s aunt said that she would take the girls down to go look at the pool and then come right back.

After about 45 minutes, we realized that the kids were not back. I was a little alarmed---considering that ¾ of the hotel "weren’t cheerleaders"!! K and I decide to go looking for the missing cheerleaders and wayward aunt. Just as we got to the elevator I notice a police officer standing there. We spoke to the officer for a couple of minutes and found out that there were about 30 other off-duty officers there as extra security. I didn’t ask what they were expecting to have happen—I just wanted to find my child. Just then the elevators opened and 5 little girls and 1 aunt stumbled out!! They were laughing so hard that we really couldn’t understand what they were trying to say. Eventually, we found out that they had crashed the pageant and leather show!!!! My 9 year old was ‘bounced’ from the "Transvestite—Transexual-Leather Convention" Can it get much worse??? I think that must be the litmus test for 'Parental Failure'.....And I had flunked the parenting of a 9 year old!

Somehow, among the laughter and 'acting out what they saw', we finally got all the hair rolled for the night and got the girls ready for bed. We had them all stay in one room with one mom for a while---and the rest of the moms set out to "see the sights". OMG!!!! There are things in life that you really shouldn’t see or hear (ie—your own hand stuck in a car door, or your daughter asking if it’s a bad thing that she accidentally flushed her cell phone down the toilet). We saw some really pretty dresses that night---just not on the guys that had them on. There were A LOT of guys that had no business wearing a leather thong anywhere---especially not in public. They were dancing and squealing and air kissing---it was just all too much. Some of the guys were really pretty girls...I was going to ask for makeup tips, but that was highly frowned on by the other moms!! When I called Acedad to tell him about what was going on---he didn’t believe me!! But you really can’t make this stuff up....And I had witnesses....lots of witnesses!

After the 3rd blender drink round, hair rolling drama, and sightseeing---we were too physically and psychologically exhausted to do anything but go to bed. What a day it had been!

The next day we didn’t see any of colorful characters from the night before. We went to the competition and our stunt group won!! The girls also learned a lot of new words and had great stories for school the next week. They entertained they whole gym the next day while trying to describe and show off what they had learned from being bounced from a Tranny Convention. The moms haven’t recovered yet!!! I'm not sure we will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been 14 years....And I still have leather thong flashbacks. There really should be a law about who can wear those!

@cheer2win, by chance did you get a note home from school that day questioning Caitlin's weekend story? Can only imagine the teachers face had many versions of this :eek: before having a small heart attack.

Fortunately, I volunteered daily at the elementary school that she attended, so I was able to explain this strange situation....as best as it could be explained. The girls were describing the leather thong as.....'Panties with no butt part'. How do you correct that truth?

There are some things that are timeless and that story is right up there with the best of them!!!

Back