High School Advice For Only Boy On The Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 28, 2015
So I'm a freshman, first year ever of cheering, and I happen to make Varsity. I'm the only boy, so any advice on how to act and what to expect is very appreciated

Act like a responsible, respectful young man. Respect the girls and don't go blabbing to your male friends if you hear something embarrassing about the girls. Be the guy you'd want your mom or sisters to be around.

**of course we really won, the judges must have switched scoresheets. #conspiracytheory**

Act like a responsible, respectful young man. Respect the girls and don't go blabbing to your male friends if you hear something embarrassing about the girls. Be the guy you'd want your mom or sisters to be around.

**of course we really won, the judges must have switched scoresheets. #conspiracytheory**
Alright thanks! The advice is really appreciated

I have indeed.
Welcome to cheering, where 80% of the time you will be the only guy. Or atleast one of a few.
You'll have a blast, get discouraged at times, you'll make great memories and get to do things you never thought possible (in cheer and life).

I wrote these two articles awhile back, they might help ya. Feel free to hit me up on here or on social media if ya have any questions too.
Part 1: A Man’s Guide to being a Cheerleader – Part 1 - |
Part 2: A Man's Guide to Being a Cheerleader - Part 2 |

I have indeed.
Welcome to cheering, where 80% of the time you will be the only guy. Or atleast one of a few.
You'll have a blast, get discouraged at times, you'll make great memories and get to do things you never thought possible (in cheer and life).

I wrote these two articles awhile back, they might help ya. Feel free to hit me up on here or on social media if ya have any questions too.
Part 1: A Man’s Guide to being a Cheerleader – Part 1 - |
Part 2: A Man's Guide to Being a Cheerleader - Part 2 |
Those were a good read! Thanks for the advice!

Don't assume every girl on the squad wants to date you. They most likely look at you as a little brother and that's it. I totally agree about the respect issue. I think @ScottyB posted an article on how to act as a male on a female dominate squad. Have fun and be ready to learn a lot!
Thanks for you input! And you can believe I have already learned tons!!!

Back