Advice - Half Year Team Or Stunt Clinics/cheer Camps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 29, 2015
I'm currently a senior and I plan on trying out for cheer in college or do an open team depending on where I end up. I've had to take the last 2 seasons off b/c of an injury and had too many conflicts to do school cheer this year.. so by the time I get to college it will have been almost 3 seasons. My parents will either let me do a half year team or go to whatever cheer camps and clinics are available before I go off to school. Ideally I would do both but it's smarter to save as much as possible to prepare for college.

Any advice on which one would be better to get experience before doing school/open cheer (I'm applying to small schools where cheer is just an activity, not a huge school or anything). Is one option better than the other?

Thank you!!

I think camps and clincs might be the way to go as you can't be sure that the half year team formed will be focusing on the skills you need for college (advanced stunting and tumbling.)

I'm currently a senior and I plan on trying out for cheer in college or do an open team depending on where I end up. I've had to take the last 2 seasons off b/c of an injury and had too many conflicts to do school cheer this year.. so by the time I get to college it will have been almost 3 seasons. My parents will either let me do a half year team or go to whatever cheer camps and clinics are available before I go off to school. Ideally I would do both but it's smarter to save as much as possible to prepare for college.

Any advice on which one would be better to get experience before doing school/open cheer (I'm applying to small schools where cheer is just an activity, not a huge school or anything). Is one option better than the other?

Thank you!!
Look to see if there is a SCOUT Camp near you. Also, there is Tumblepalooza in July!

Back