Advice Needed! (cheer Contracts)

Discussion in 'Cheer Newbies' started by Christina729, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Is a new uniform required every year and part of monthly fees whether needed or not?

**Did someone say MORE puppy dog pictures?**

2. Cheergrandma

Cheergrandma I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    New Uniforms are every other year as is warm ups (required). Practice wear new every year. Comp fees and coaches fees yearly total divided up into first four or five months of season (calculated according to last years comp fee with the knowledge EPs may raise the comp fee for current year).

3. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    On years when no uniform is needed are the monthly payments lower?

Our gyms have usually broken out comp fees and uniform fees as those are subject to change and they don't pay comp fees right away as the team numbers can change during first month or two.

Glad it works for them.

**Did someone say MORE puppy dog pictures?**

4. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I realize gyms have coach and staff salaries they are committed to, however, most people in business are aware of "life" situations and will expect, prepare and load that into their tuition. If Suzie then moves, gets injured, sick or disgruntled she should be able to leave and the gym should be able to continue financially. I do feel it is fair practice to expect to pay for any partial month and the next month tuition. This allows small gyms or any small business to give notice and a small severance should they no longer be able to pay a staff member.

5. SharkDad

SharkDad Most Positive, Best Parent '12 Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    shark_dad
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I've seen this a number of times. Never from a well run/reputable program

6. LabbyGirlMOM

LabbyGirlMOM When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    JodiEnloe
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We ordered our uniforms the other day actually I wrote my check out for the uniform on Wednesday. Some gyms actually do order this early crazy I know but hey it is what it is. :)

7. TheVipersMom

TheVipersMom Biggest (stalker) Fan '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Our uniform payment was also due by the first of June! We have already had fittings and everything! We had fittings the second day of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Ours was (is?) either the 8th of June or July. I can't remember if it already happened or not, I know that practice wear and shoes was done in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. rdavis4

rdavis4 Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious to hear how it all turned out for you. We actually switched gyms right after tryouts. We spent one year at our previous gym and weren't super happy, but didn't really know anything different. We were required to sign a contract BEFORE tryouts and then after tryouts they let us know who our coaches were. I was NOT happy because the coach assigned to my daughter's (tiny) team was only going to be there for 1 of the 2 team practices every week AND because this coach showed up drunk to a competition early in the season and had no idea where my 5 year old was. Not cool.
    So anyway, we left, as well as 2 other girls on our team and then about 30 other athletes from the gym. They threatened lawsuits, but never went through with it.

10. Reaganashleyy

Reaganashleyy I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. My old gym did that but my mom and i just left, Mainly ot cause we were moving out of state. Just leave.

11. Christina729

Christina729 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Hi I originally posted this thread! Me and my mom thought it wasn't worth taking the case to court because she wasn't a bad person just not the best gym owner. We started to pay and by the second month the checks weren't being cashed so we just stopped. Long story short the gym has lost a ton of girls and is being bought out by a bigger gym. I hope everything is going well for you and your daughter now!

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Robyn

Robyn

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I can only tell you about our experience with the same sort of issue. I made my daughter finish the season instead of leaving. For us it was the worst decision that I made. I should have taken her out of the program and waited out the rest of the season. If you don't feel it is a good program and that you may get hurt then move on. Getting hurt or learning bad techniques isn't worth it.

13. RandomCheerMom

RandomCheerMom When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I second this. Worse decision I ever made was to force CP to stay. I've always been taught to finish what you start and that's what I thought I was teaching her. Looking back, even CP agrees, even though winning a ring was involved , we should have left the bad environment much sooner. Live and learn. What's right for someone, may not be right for you. Trust your gut.

14. RandomCheerMom

RandomCheerMom When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    ...and oops, just realized this train has left the station. #oldthread LOL

15. Momofcheer

Momofcheer I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They can try to force you. My old gym we left is threatening to take our unpaid fees to a debt collector/lawer.