All-Star Aerial Cartwheels?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2010
Hi! So I've been working on my aerial for awhile now and my coach says I'm high enough to not use my hands but, I keep putting them down at the end. What are some tips to help not put your hands down?

Do it on the tumble track! Then only put one hand down when you try it on the floor. My daughter got her standing tuck before her ariel! Good luck and you will get it soon!

you have to pull your arms into your chest it helps a lot. plus do it onto a crash mat until your comfortable enough to do it on the floor.

you need to pop like your doing a front tuck....up, pull your hands/arms close to chest and ride it! they really aren't that hard once you get it the first time! i used to do them on the basketball court!

Most importantly you need to block off of your front leg, keep your chest up, and drive your back leg over your head!! As far as pulling your arms in, that's a personal choice--I like to see them done with your arms out in a T motion!! Your arms really have nothing to do with the skill itself--it's about the block, and drive of the rear leg!! Good luck, hope this helps!

Just practice it on a place where you have a soft landing spot. So you won't be afraid to fall on your face and also just keep thinking don't put them down and that you'll be fine. I've noticed that if I put too much thought into what I'm doing when I tumble, I don't do as well as if I just trust myself.

i don't pull arms into my chest...i swing them up behind me and keep them up to "lift" my aerial. i think it helps drive my chest up better.

look up and when you bring your hands into your body grab onto you shirt ... i used to have this issue too and my coach always told me to just grab my shirt and dont let go it works ... once you do it once with no hands you wont go back unless you are going to completely face plant it

Most importantly you need to block off of your front leg, keep your chest up, and drive your back leg over your head!! As far as pulling your arms in, that's a personal choice--I like to see them done with your arms out in a T motion!! Your arms really have nothing to do with the skill itself--it's about the block, and drive of the rear leg!! Good luck, hope this helps!

This is the best advice on here. Remember your back leg has to be kick over hard enough to replace the first hand in a normal cartwheel.

Stupid question, but what level does this become legal? We were looking it up at the gym last week but never felt we got a definite answer.

i am going to guess 3...but i dont know...possibly 4 if its standing....dont count on me

Latest posts

Back