All-Star Agility

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 10, 2017
What are some good things to do for agility and stamina for a difficult routine?

What does your CP eat before practice did some good energy?

On non practice days CP jogs. If you can jog/run a mile at a fast pace, you can make it through a 2:30 routine.

Before practice I encourage nut proteins, either peanut butter and pretzels or maybe a handful of almonds. We avoid dairy before practice bc it can upset her stomach. She really likes those Gatorade chews that are a gummy texture. I don't know if its a placebo effect but they are only $1 a pack and non perishable so I get them for her.

On non practice days CP jogs. If you can jog/run a mile at a fast pace, you can make it through a 2:30 routine.

Before practice I encourage nut proteins, either peanut butter and pretzels or maybe a handful of almonds. We avoid dairy before practice bc it can upset her stomach. She really likes those Gatorade chews that are a gummy texture. I don't know if its a placebo effect but they are only $1 a pack and non perishable so I get them for her.
What do the chews supposedly do? How fast of a mile?

Last edited:

I use those same chews for half/full marathon fueling. Can't verify for sure what they do, but they work for me!

Running is good, but I would add in speed work (sprints) as well as that helps build fast-twitch muscle fibers instead of just pure endurance. If you have access to a track, that works great for this.

What do the chews supposedly do? How fast of a mile?

The gatorade chews have carbs so it's like a little burst of energy. We don't have enough time after school before we leave for practice to eat anything substantial.

CP HATES running. So honestly I don't ask about her pace and I am happy at whatever pace she runs. She gets off the treadmill sweating so I know its been a workout for her.

Back