All-Star All-american Cheer And Dance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2012
I'm posting here because the all-star section undoubtedly gets more traffic than the high school threads. I was recently invited to attend the NFL Pro-Bowl in Hawaii by All-American Cheer and Dance (AACD). Does anyone have any information on this program or have any past experience with this event? All and any information spared is greatly appreciated!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

They invited you without giving you any info on the event? Congrats on being invited and good luck with everything. :D

My CP got an invite and we both went in 2007. You will get more information later from them on price. We had a great time and she made friends that she still keeps in touch with. You will be busy all week with rehearsals but do have 1 free day for sight seeing. Surfing is not allowed. Check their website, they usually have more information there. FYI, food is not included and is pricey

My daughter attended in 2006 when she was 10. It was a fun experience for her, but it was extremely expensive. The trip ended up costing thousands of dollars in the long run and that was 7 years ago. We're from the east coast so airfare is pricey.

You will spend a lot of time in rehearsals and will no doubt be one of hundreds of kids. My daughter didn't actually cheer in the show. All she did was hold up a portion of a flag and ran around with it on the field. I honestly couldn't even pick her out of the crowd. That portion of the halftime show wasn't broadcasted on TV either. That was pretty disappointing. I don't know if any of this has changed since then. There were opportunities to solo, but they were mostly for dancers and were few and far between.

So to sum up, it's great bragging rights and it was a great bonding experience for her and her teammates that also went. But in my opinion it would've been better (and less expensive) to vacation in Hawaii on our own. It's honestly just a money making thing.

I went in 2005 when I was a senior with a few of my teammates. It was a very expensive trip to stand in the middle of the field for half time lost in a sea of kids. But it was a lot of fun to travel on my own with some teammates and visit the area and we had some down time to do sight seeing. We spend a good amount of time at the beach if I remember correctly.

Basically everything @sapphire09 said.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - a couple of people on my open team work for cheer camps and have worked as staffers at that event.

Back