High School All American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 21, 2012
I don't know if there is already a thread for this, so I just got back from camp yesterday and during camp I tried out for All American and I made it, I am SOOO excited. If anyone has ever actually went to the parade and done it, is it fun? Like what should I expect if I go?

I was wondering the same thing! I made all american as well, but I'm not going to London because it interferes with all star cheer (go figure :rolleyes:). But I would like to know what the whole experience is like!

I've gone to London and New York as a chaperone with UCA staff. The trips are amazing. Any of them are! You get to see the cities, do some tourist type stuff, usually go to a show or something similar while there. Then being in a parade thats usually on TV.

Very cool! I highly recommend!

I never went to London but I did go to Philadelphia and that was a great trip! It was cool seeing the historical landmarks there like the Liberty Bell.

I don't know if there is already a thread for this, so I just got back from camp yesterday and during camp I tried out for All American and I made it, I am SOOO excited. If anyone has ever actually went to the parade and done it, is it fun? Like what should I expect if I go?
I just made all American too! Congrats!! Since I'm a freshman I have to perform in Texas instead!! :) so I'm not sure if I should still do it?

I just made all American too! Congrats!! Since I'm a freshman I have to perform in Texas instead!! :) so I'm not sure if I should still do it?
What camp? was it NCA or UCA?

I made all-american as a freshman and since it was my only chance to do it (we don't go to NCA camp for the rest of high school, we just have a choreographer come to a resort sort of setting and choreograph our routine) I went to the Christmas Extravaganza at Disney World! It was a great experience! I would have loved to go to London but I was too young so I couldn't, but Disney was great! It was the first week of December, they taped it for the parade, and it was a nice break from the cold!

I made NCA All American all 4 years of high school and never went on any of the trips until my senior year (back in my day they only offered the Bowl Game performances). I could've kicked myself! It was so much fun and I met tons of new people. And who else can say they performed at a Bowl Game?

What camp? was it NCA or UCA?

I made all-american as a freshman and since it was my only chance to do it (we don't go to NCA camp for the rest of high school, we just have a choreographer come to a resort sort of setting and choreograph our routine) I went to the Christmas Extravaganza at Disney World! It was a great experience! I would have loved to go to London but I was too young so I couldn't, but Disney was great! It was the first week of December, they taped it for the parade, and it was
a nice break from the cold!
I went to UCA! And that sounds like fun :)

It is Amazing!!! I work for UCA and was chosen to go over this past year and all i can say is that it is worth every penny! You do SO MUCH in only 5 short days. I told every girl and guy who made it at my camps to do some type of fundraising to go if they could not afford it. Let me know if you have any more questions! Congrats on making All American too!

I've gone to London and New York as a chaperone with UCA staff. The trips are amazing. Any of them are! You get to see the cities, do some tourist type stuff, usually go to a show or something similar while there. Then being in a parade thats usually on TV.

SCOTTY!!! We need to go back this year! I hope to get picked again!

It sounds so fun! i hope my mom will let me go, its just so much money and she has a lot to pay for for me this year):

It sounds so fun! i hope my mom will let me go, its just so much money and she has a lot to pay for for me this year):
Understandable! There is no shame in fundraising, I'm sure plenty of people in your community would love to support you on such an awesome trip. It can never hurt to ask around for donations or even have a carwash/bakesale/etc to help fund it

My sister wend to Macy*s 2010 through UCA, and she had a blast. She got lucky because her best friend that cheers for another school went too, so they had a chance to cheer together and she loved meeting girls from all over the country.

Back