All Newbies - PLEASE READ!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am trying to test to see if my post gets through, sorry if this attaches to a thread it isn't supposed to.

aggie1983 said:
I am trying to test to see if my post gets through, sorry if this attaches to a thread it isn't supposed to.

This thread is perfect

Hmmm, I think it worked. ---- TRADING PINS-----The whole reason I registered was to give people some info on trading pins. I apologize if this is not the appropriate place. There is a thread discussing pins that had a lot of questions,but not many answers that I saw. NCA/NDA started trying to encourage this last year. You were to go to the pro shop and purchase official varsity trading pins. You would then approach official staff at the competitions and ask them to trade with you. There were three special pins that could not be purchased, you could only get them by trading with the staff. They were an NDA glittery logo pin, a trophy pin and a pin showing a male cheerleader doing a herkie. This year I believe there are 5 special pins, each representing a stunt group, when combined they represent a pyramid. Apparently this is catching on with gyms creating pins that the girls are trading with girls from other squads. This is very similar to what boys in Dizzy Dean Baseball have done at their world series for years. The child goes with a number of pins representing their team/gym and then trades with people from other gyms to get a collection. If you google trading pins, you will get a host of websites for people who specialize in this. You send them a picture (or describe what you want), they send a proof, you make changes, approve it and in a few weeks you have trading pins. Price depends on quantity. But they typically cost around $2-$3 each depending on how intricate you want. Plain pin, pin with dangle, pin with slider,. etc. I hope this is helpful to someone.

smile.png
i love cheer

Hmmm, I think it worked. ---- TRADING PINS-----The whole reason I registered was to give people some info on trading pins. I apologize if this is not the appropriate place. There is a thread discussing pins that had a lot of questions,but not many answers that I saw. NCA/NDA started trying to encourage this last year. You were to go to the pro shop and purchase official varsity trading pins. You would then approach official staff at the competitions and ask them to trade with you. There were three special pins that could not be purchased, you could only get them by trading with the staff. They were an NDA glittery logo pin, a trophy pin and a pin showing a male cheerleader doing a herkie. This year I believe there are 5 special pins, each representing a stunt group, when combined they represent a pyramid. Apparently this is catching on with gyms creating pins that the girls are trading with girls from other squads. This is very similar to what boys in Dizzy Dean Baseball have done at their world series for years. The child goes with a number of pins representing their team/gym and then trades with people from other gyms to get a collection. If you google trading pins, you will get a host of websites for people who specialize in this. You send them a picture (or describe what you want), they send a proof, you make changes, approve it and in a few weeks you have trading pins. Price depends on quantity. But they typically cost around $2-$3 each depending on how intricate you want. Plain pin, pin with dangle, pin with slider,. etc. I hope this is helpful to someone.

You should start a new thread for this.

Latest posts

Back