All-Star All Star Gyms & College Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I love the fact the OSU and Twist & Shout pretty much merged to create those open teams that completely dominated this year! I love this. I believe both programs benefit from this. OSU won 1st place at NCA College Nationals over Louisville and then the Open Coed 6 won worlds beating out Gymtyme Nfinity and the Open 6 All girl team got 3rd.

I want to see more Colleges do this. For example Stingrays could pull from a number of schools such as UGA, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Etc. Top Gun could use FAU cheerleaders and Maryland Twisters Could use the All girl team from the University of Maryland. The only problem is having the coaches of these colleges cooperate.

Does anyone know of any programs next year that will follow this trend? Also, what are some of the milestones that stand in the way of making this happen for certain teams? I mean if I were a college coach I would jump at the opportunity to have my kids train in a facility designed for cheerleading.

I WOULD DIE TO SEE A UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY OPEN TEAM WITH THE KENTUCKY ALLSTARS, FORMALLY KENTUCKY ELITE!

I love the fact the OSU and Twist & Shout pretty much merged to create those open teams that completely dominated this year! I love this. I believe both programs benefit from this. OSU won 1st place at NCA College Nationals over Louisville and then the Open Coed 6 won worlds beating out Gymtyme Nfinity and the Open 6 All girl team got 3rd.

I want to see more Colleges do this. For example Stingrays could pull from a number of schools such as UGA, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Etc. Top Gun could use FAU cheerleaders and Maryland Twisters Could use the All girl team from the University of Maryland. The only problem is having the coaches of these colleges cooperate.

Does anyone know of any programs next year that will follow this trend? Also, what are some of the milestones that stand in the way of making this happen for certain teams? I mean if I were a college coach I would jump at the opportunity to have my kids train in a facility designed for cheerleading.

I WOULD DIE TO SEE A UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY OPEN TEAM WITH THE KENTUCKY ALLSTARS, FORMALLY KENTUCKY ELITE!

kingston is the new coach for Georgia Tech so maybe we'll see something similar there. The IOAG6 team at my gym was basically the college team that the coach also coaches plus a few more girls. Is OSU competing as T&S new? I didn't realize it was.

kingston is the new coach for Georgia Tech so maybe we'll see something similar there. The IOAG6 team at my gym was basically the college team that the coach also coaches plus a few more girls. Is OSU competing as T&S new? I didn't realize it was.

Georgia Tech will probably practice Sundays at Rays (space permitting).

The Kentucky thing would be great, but it will never happen as long as T Lynn is there. They don't even do Team USA unless they are seniors graduating this month.

I think the key is that they practice together, as a team, 100% of the time. It's not just that they have highly skilled athletes together on one team- it's that they've spend all their time together to become one cohesive unit.

It will also be interesting to see who takes over for Leroy at OSU and whether or not they will continue to have them be a part of TS as much as they are now.

It will also be interesting to see who takes over for Leroy at OSU and whether or not they will continue to have them be a part of TS as much as they are now.
From what I have heard here they plan on it continueing.

From what I have heard here they plan on it continueing.

I sure do hope that they continue doing this. I love the rivalry it creates and I can see that OSU and UofL really push each other. Same thing now with T&S Genesis vs. GymTyme Nfinity.

kingston Now that your the coach over at Georgia Tech, which I think is AMAZING, do you plan to use this position to Stingrays' advantage as far as open teams are concerned? I see it being a tremedous benefit for both. Georgia Tech gets to practice at one of the most state of the art cheer facilities in the world, and Stingrays gets the benefit of having athletes on their open teams that practice together everyday to begin with. Partner sets would be a breeze!

Well since you asked I'll answer for you although I know no one cares because it is a small gym.

Austin Peay State Univ who placed 5th in their division at NCA is coached by the owner of Clarksville Cheer Extreme's husband. APSU practices at CCE and last year they created an open team with all the APSU kids and added a few extras. They were doing great but had some people quit and wanted to continue to prepare for Nationals. So they open team just kind of ended mid season.

However they are having a level 6 team this year and they are trying it again. So yes APSU will be doing an open team for CCE. The practices are not a problem since the owners husband coaches them and all their practives happen at the gym. Also majority of the CCE kids who leave as seniors want to continue to cheer so long as they have the skills they put them on at APSU so I believe it encouraged a few to go to college that may not have since they almost always made the APSU team.

I will also say I know Middle Tennessee State University practices at Elite Energy. I don't believe they had an open team but maybe that's something that could work if they ever wanted too.

The new coach for OSU is a girl by the name of Lindsay Salliotte. I don't know much about her but I do know she is a former cheerleader from there. She was on our IO6 team Passion this past weekend. The kids within the program seem very excited about her so I would imagine they think she'll be a great fit! As far as whether or not the cheerleaders from OSU will still be affiliated with T&S, my understanding is that she will leave it up to them. This is all 2nd hand knowledge however so I'm not completely certain.

The new coach for OSU is a girl by the name of Lindsay Salliotte. I don't know much about her but I do know she is a former cheerleader from there. She was on our IO6 team Passion this past weekend. The kids within the program seem very excited about her so I would imagine they think she'll be a great fit! As far as whether or not the cheerleaders from OSU will still be affiliated with T&S, my understanding is that she will leave it up to them. This is all 2nd hand knowledge however so I'm not completely certain.

Thank you for the info. I can't wait to see what she can do with these teams. I keep crossing my fingers every year that OSU will have an all girl team. I know this year they had a STUNT team, but it would be great to see them go against Louisville in all 3 divisions.

I would think you almost HAVE TO pull from the universities for the open 6 teams. All Star doesn't offer any progression going from level 5 to level 6. I would love to see Spirit do an Open 6 with kids from SMU and Navarro!

Back