All Star Prep Level 2 Dismount And Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2014
I have a few questions and I am hoping that someone can help me out with this. I coach a Level 2 All Star Prep squad and I'm trying to get a difficulty points up for our stunts and was wondering, that if my flyer was in a scale and her group bent down to the ground while she was still in her scale, and then she does a cartwheel out of the stunt if that is legal or not. According to the rules it sates that NO free flipping or assisted flipping dismounts allowed. I'm not sure if this falls into that or not.

My next question is that, if my flyer does a barrel roll and when she is in the air instead of going all the way around and landing in the cradle position, if her bases and back spot caught her in the air while doing her barrel roll and lifted her up ( like in Dirty Dancing) then they bring her down and she loads up and does half in to a lib. Is this legal?

I have a few questions and I am hoping that someone can help me out with this. I coach a Level 2 All Star Prep squad and I'm trying to get a difficulty points up for our stunts and was wondering, that if my flyer was in a scale and her group bent down to the ground while she was still in her scale, and then she does a cartwheel out of the stunt if that is legal or not. According to the rules it sates that NO free flipping or assisted flipping dismounts allowed. I'm not sure if this falls into that or not.

My next question is that, if my flyer does a barrel roll and when she is in the air instead of going all the way around and landing in the cradle position, if her bases and back spot caught her in the air while doing her barrel roll and lifted her up ( like in Dirty Dancing) then they bring her down and she loads up and does half in to a lib. Is this legal?

Both of those are illegal for level 2.

For the first one the flyer (regardless of what height the stunt is at in the air - gut/prep/extended) must touch at least one foot to the ground before cartwheeling out. I'm not 100% sure if that is what you are describing, but as long as the bases set her down on the ground then she can cartwheel out of the scale.

Barrell rolls MUST be caught in a cradle. You could easily catch in cradle and immediately dip to pop her up the postition you are describing though. Just make sure that her head/shoulders are above her hips and feet other wise it becomes inverted and that is not legal at level 2.

Both of those are illegal for level 2.

For the first one the flyer (regardless of what height the stunt is at in the air - gut/prep/extended) must touch at least one foot to the ground before cartwheeling out. I'm not 100% sure if that is what you are describing, but as long as the bases set her down on the ground then she can cartwheel out of the scale.

Barrell rolls MUST be caught in a cradle. You could easily catch in cradle and immediately dip to pop her up the postition you are describing though. Just make sure that her head/shoulders are above her hips and feet other wise it becomes inverted and that is not legal at level 2.
Also note that this is a level 1 skill, so it won't do anything for your level 2 team's score.

Back