Allstar Or High School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 24, 2016
I can't decide whether to do all star cheer (I have never done it before) or school which I have been doing. With the skills I have I would most likely make the level 4 all-star team possibly level 5. However I am already on my schools varsity cheer team and I could do sideline just not competitive but I'm scared of what my coach would say and what the rest of the girls on my team would say if I did all star instead. The reason I want to do all star is because I have always wanted to just never thought I could and I want to do it to be prepared for college cheer.
Can you guys please give me advice on what one you think I should do please?

Personal choice that you only can decide...
More time, commitment and a lot more expenses come with allstars.
Have you looked at practice time, competition schedule and fees to figure out if it all works for you? If this is what you really can and want to do, don't base your decision on what your teammates will feel about your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal choice that you only can decide...
More time, commitment and a lot more expenses come with allstars.
Have you looked at practice time, competition schedule and fees to figure out if it all works for you? If this is what you really can and want to do, don't base your decision on what your teammates will feel about your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the advice and yes my parents have figured out practices and costs In fact I'm going to get evaluated this week to see what team I would make. I think if I make level 4 or higher I will do it I'm just kind of nervous about what my current coach will say and how she will react and the rest of my team

What about doing a half year team after your football season is over? That way you could do both.

Thanks for the advice and I would be able to do football season just not competitive if I did allstar but competitive is the most important season

Thanks for the advice and I would be able to do football season just not competitive if I did allstar but competitive is the most important season
Oh sorry, not sure how it works in your state, but it sounds like you are gonna try out so that's great! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I bet most of the school teams would rather do allstar because I have a feeling that everyone looks up to allstar cheerleading.

For school you may have to do more crowd leading and "cheer leader" things, but for allstar there isn't any of that. So if you aren't into sideline then I would suggest allstars, but if you do like sideline then school is the way to go.

My daughter does both. This year she is only doing the fall season (football) and not winter (basketball and competition). Since cheer is a sport here the girls can do one or both seasons. I would let your coach know before choreography that you are not doing competition, so that you are not put into any stunts or passes that they would only have to replace you in later on.

Oh sorry, not sure how it works in your state, but it sounds like you are gonna try out so that's great! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Thank you! And yes I'm trying out tomorrow and I'm really excited, I will definetly let you guys know

Back