All-Star American Grand - Las Vegas, Nv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They scored shooting stars lowest in performance lol... I talked to Elaine this morning!! I know the stars are about to give the performance of a life time so someone please video :) lol[/]

SS were giving me life through the computer screen. Idk what more the judges want !!!

Has anyone been able to find the standings/results for all of the teams from yesterday? Looked on AC.varsity.com but couldn't find them. Thanks.

They scored shooting stars lowest in performance lol... I talked to Elaine this morning!! I know the stars are about to give the performance of a life time so someone please video :) lol

I can always appreciate the SS for their performance value, but to be honest, they looked a little tired in the video. I thought maybe it was the angle or the fact that it was a video, but I guess the judges felt the same way about it seeing it live.

I can always appreciate the SS for their performance value, but to be honest, they looked a little tired in the video. I thought maybe it was the angle or the fact that it was a video, but I guess the judges felt the same way about it seeing it live.

Maybe it was because they were performing so late. It was what... 6:30 or something they performed? Back on the east coast that's of course 9:30, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were tired with the time change and what not.

Maybe it was because they were performing so late. It was what... 6:30 or something they performed? Back on the east coast that's of course 9:30, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were tired with the time change and what not.
Very true! I know most of the woke up at 9 east coast time and 7 west coast. It was a long day, but they will bring the fire today!

stars give me life every time i watch them, but i agree that they looked a little tired (understandably.) they still perform the heck out of that routine, so i wish their scores were higher.

i saw on twitter from one of the stars that the judges also recommended a second jump sequence. :rolleyes: as if they don't do enough already..

still pulling for them and a paid and i really hope they get it!!

stars give me life every time i watch them, but i agree that they looked a little tired (understandably.) they still perform the heck out of that routine, so i wish their scores were higher.

i saw on twitter from one of the stars that the judges also recommended a second jump sequence. :rolleyes: as if they don't do enough already..

still pulling for them and a paid and i really hope they get it!!

Yeah i heard they were scored low in some areas.

I wouldn't use them being "tired" because of a time difference as a possible excuse. If you can't handle the time difference don't go traveling into other time zones. But in all honesty being a senior level team sometimes larger competitions run later, meaning I'm sure Stars have had a time when they performed late at night.

It also brings up the fact that Cali teams have 3 hour jumps when they come to Worlds. Those kids are probably up at around 9 our time, meaning 6 their time, making them have long days also and Cali usually brings their A game no matter the time difference.

Not jumping on Stars, or trying to put them down. I thought they looked really well in the video and am just as surprised as anyone else about their bid placings.

I watched the video on mute, and you notice the lack of energy a lot easier. I notice when you watch videos with sound, it's easier to be subliminally amped by the crowd's reactions and by the music, particularly if you already have an emotional connection to it. If you watched a video of Orange being taped next to Garrett (and can see his reactions in the corner of the screen), you'd naturally have a different response than if you watched it next to somebody who's diehard *Some Other Sm Senior Team*, whose reactions might be less strong.

Also, for jumps, I know some teams do jumps to tuck, and then have a separate jump sequence that doesn't necessarily end in tuck. Might just be this comp's preference (or what they're used to seeing. I remember a Cali Lrg Coed routine did that one year)..I don't know if it will necessarily matter come worlds. Maybe it will.

Back