All-Star Anxiety Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mytriplek

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2012
My CP's pediatrician just diagnosed her with anxiety. He prescribed Zoloft but after reading the side effects I'm a little Leary. Does anyone here suffer from anxiety? What do you do or take to help it?

I used to take that for anxiety. definitely take it at night, it would make me extremely sleepy. PM if you would like more info!

I would pm you but I am not sure how to. I take prozac for my anxiety it works well and I have never had any issues with side effects but everyone is different

Yeah, taking it at night is a good idea. I'd pm you, but I think you had a lot of messages. If you need anything, you can pm me.

So talking to her coach tonight he said Zoloft makes you sluggish and she may have problems tumbling and basing on Zoloft. Anyone ever heard this?

So talking to her coach tonight he said Zoloft makes you sluggish and she may have problems tumbling and basing on Zoloft. Anyone ever heard this?

It's not an uncommon side effect, but honestly, not everyone has the same reaction. Your best bet is to try it and then adjust accordingly. I'm currently in the medicine limbo land for CP; it's for something different, though she does suffer from anxiety (currently going untreated because of her age) and it's made me extra mindful to watch practices and see how she's coping. If it begins to really interfere there are other options. However, realistically, every medicine has their side effects and will come with pros and cons...it's up to you and her to decide which pros and cons are ultimately worth it.

did this pediatrician bring up cognitive behavioral training (aka CBT) with a psychologist, who specializes in treating child and adolescent disorders, before going down the chemical route or at least in conjunction with CBT?

did this pediatrician bring up cognitive behavioral training (aka CBT) with a psychologist, who specializes in treating child and adolescent disorders, before going down the chemical route or at least in conjunction with CBT?
I do this and take Prozac. I would try therapy first and add medical help if necessary. I don't have any issues with drowsiness but like someone mentioned, everyone is different. However I've heard about a lot of negative Zoloft experiences.

Actually no. He said therapy is less effective than medication and when combined is just as effective as medication alone. I have sought out therapy for her though. She will start next week

I do this and take Prozac. I would try therapy first and add medical help if necessary. I don't have any issues with drowsiness but like someone mentioned, everyone is different. However I've heard about a lot of negative Zoloft experiences.

What negative Zoloft experiences have you heard about?

Back