All-Star Anyone Else Hear About A Cheerleader Faking Cancer/death For Instagram Followers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 4, 2014
Omg i know this sounds crazy but I was scrolling down Instagram and I saw someone comment on Jamie Andries' page about a girl who faked cancer just so Jamie would follow her and she did follow her. They were trying to get her to unfollow her because she lied and said she had a week left to live and all she wanted was Jamie to notice her but she really doesn't have cancer and got pictures of the internet of people with cancer.. crazy, right..

Also, I saw a post about a girl faking her brother's death for followers and she got all these "cheerlebrities" to repost a picture of her saying pray for her and her family... She gained A LOT of followers from it, but then people got suspicious about the situation and were egging her house and stuff because apparently she faked it all and her brother is either still alive/ never existed.

Did anybody else hear anything about this? Post your opinions..

Ohh, and if you guys want to you can follow me on Instagram: princexxjessica

It's sick, but it happens.

There was an entire 20/20 episode about folks who faked cancer for attention or financial gain, including a fairly well-known Facebook family with a fan page for a supposed son with cancer.

homer-simpson-backing-away.gif

People are so desperate for attention... reminds me of people posting photos of themselves twerking on their relatives' graves. So many people have lost their respect for the dead.

And oncecoolcoachnowmom has a point; I didn't want to say it first, for fear of sounding rude, but it would be a good idea to avoid asking for followers or views or any sort of support. The best way in which to attract people to your channel is by staying active on the board, partaking in conversations. If people feel that enough of your posts are funny/interesting, they might check out your channel (which, as a subscriber of yours I can say they won't regret). These threads that you've created are a great start.

Welcome to Fierceboard! :D

Last edited:
Sidenote: It's really interesting that most of your posts involve "cheerlebrities", getting 2x2 videos, and asking for peeps to follow on instagram.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to become "cheer famous" too.
Uhmm no im not, I dont want to be a cheerlebrity. Im not even an allstar cheerleader..

Now now. I am not trying to say she is a catfish (remember what happened when we last accused someone of cat fishing!) It is just weird that this is her main topic of interest.

Jessica: I am also not trying to be rude by any means, it's just that you are new here and many of your posts are "cheerlebrity" focused. We tend to get a little weary of all the cheerlebrity talk and tend to stick to talk about the sport itself. If you're getting some push back from members, that's probably why. You're welcome to stay, just know that we prefer to talk about things other than what cheerlebrities are doing. That, and we try to stay away from calling those "famous" kids out by name as they are minors. (see the board rules!)

Uhmm no im not, I dont want to be a cheerlebrity. Im not even an allstar cheerleader..

You do realize that you can search every post you've written by clicking your profile link, correct? I'm not really into the whole catfish thing because I'm not even sure I understand what that truly entails, but you're obviously a 'cheerleader' os sorts if you're attending CA super camps and getting brand new nfinity's that make you feel like your tumbling is more powerful.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of your posts on FB, but it just seems off with some of the topics you've brought up.

You do realize that you can search every post you've written by clicking your profile link, correct? I'm not really into the whole catfish thing because I'm not even sure I understand what that truly entails, but you're obviously a 'cheerleader' os sorts if you're attending CA super camps and getting brand new nfinity's that make you feel like your tumbling is more powerful.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of your posts on FB, but it just seems off with some of the topics you've brought up.[/QUOTE

This whole situation has gotten completely out of hand. I was never trying to offend anyone by calling them a cheerlebrity.. Not sure how thats offensive. And i dont want to be famous. Im deleting things because people keep being mean for no reason. These comments have absolutely nothing to do with the thread..

What kind of opinion are you looking for on this, if we think it's okay to fake illness for followers or just beg for followers?

Reaching dadlebrity 1 follow at a time

Back