Anyone Else?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 30, 2013
It seems like ALL of my friends don't really respect cheer ( of course were 12 year old girls, it gets dramatic).And they hold it against me all the time. Although sometimes it's funny, like when they say "and so the spunky neon tribe of sparkly cheerleaders righteously and fiercely defend their calling.." I mean, is there any way I can get them to support me? None of them care (except for one who secretly wants to be a flyer on top guns large coed). They think that all cheerleaders are rich, stupid, and mean. It kinda hurts. Is there anyway to show them that cheer leading is better than that?

Thanks!
Emmi

It seems like ALL of my friends don't really respect cheer ( of course were 12 year old girls, it gets dramatic).And they hold it against me all the time. Although sometimes it's funny, like when they say "and so the spunky neon tribe of sparkly cheerleaders righteously and fiercely defend their calling.." I mean, is there any way I can get them to support me? None of them care (except for one who secretly wants to be a flyer on top guns large coed). They think that all cheerleaders are rich, stupid, and mean. It kinda hurts. Is there anyway to show them that cheer leading is better than that?

Thanks!
Emmi

Hunny, it sounds like you're going through the problems that all cheerleaders face everyday. If you want your friends to see just how hardworking cheerleaders are, maybe show them some videos of your team or some teams you look up to. Invite them to tryouts or maybe a competition or practice. I know it hurts when people make fun of our sport, but you'll learn to ignore what people say about it eventually. At first, I tried to convince people that it was a sport and that most of us aren't that typical rich and obnoxious stereotype, but sometimes they just don't want to listen. You have to accept that and move on. As long as you love what you do, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, right?

I don't know lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Just teasing!

The bottom line is that some people will never, ever get "it". They'll never understand what it takes to be successful in competitive cheer.

You just have to know it and let them be silly.

Back