OT Anyone Home Schooled?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 30, 2010
Just wondering, is anyone home schooled? I'm thinking about being home schooled next year. I HATE public school. Not going to go into details but I really don't like it. I just wanted to know if there's anyone on here is homeschooled and how they like it?

We've thought about doing that next year with our two youngest kids. My oldest loves public school and all the things that come with it (marching band, clubs, ect). My youngest is good at some subjects and not others so it would help her to be in a curriculm that allows her to pace herself. We are looking at this program: http://www.k12.com/txva/
I don't know if they have high school yet.

I was homeschooled for 1 year of high school.

I won't go into details (maybe tomorrow but it's late and I'm tired) but I hated it. Worst year of my life.

We've thought about doing that next year with our two youngest kids. My oldest loves public school and all the things that come with it (marching band, clubs, ect). My youngest is good at some subjects and not others so it would help her to be in a curriculm that allows her to pace herself. We are looking at this program: http://www.k12.com/txva/
I don't know if they have high school yet.

Thank you!! :)

I was homeschooled for 1 year of high school.

I won't go into details (maybe tomorrow but it's late and I'm tired) but I hated it. Worst year of my life.

Would you mind if I PMed you? I really appreciate the different view point and would like to know what made it so bad.

I think it really depends on the person and the experience they are going through if they should homeschool.

I did school online for half of my junior year and my senior year. I liked it, you can pace yourself and don't have to deal with other people getting in the way of your learning. It was also nice for competition weekends when I'd have to travel. I would just do my assignments earlier in the week so that I wouldn't have to do "school" on travel days. I think the only downfall, is that I lost touch with some friends, but I had friends from cheer, so it was alright.

It was cool doing it online because I actually got to have a "formal" graduation. Actually, it was the largest graduation in the country, ever. (It was SO long, though.)

i homeschool this year, i use the k12 program that was mentioned above, but i use the nevada one. but i love it! its very convenient.

Back