All-Star Anyone Watching The All Star Games?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Several years ago, I agreed to start the USASF Parent Action Committee. I think it's been mostly successful though it hasn't quite reached the heights I hoped.

Wondering if now isn't the time for a parent group that isn't tied to the USASF.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Several years ago, I agreed to start the USASF Parent Action Committee. I think it's been mostly successful though it hasn't quite reached the heights I hoped.

Wondering if now isn't the time for a parent group that isn't tied to the USASF.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?
It appears that would be a greatly appreciated and worthy endeavor based on some of the comments in this thread.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They are posted all over our website and social media. We have come to find out that many people do not read the information that is posted lol coming up with a way to make it clear and get it out is something we are meeting about on Monday morning and we are looking to improve on all the aspects we can.
I am no marketing person at all so not sure that I have any helpful information to contribute. I would consider myself very involved and knowledgable on the industry - heck I feel like I live on this board throughout the year. Saying this because I honestly had no real idea what the allstar games were, when they were or really that they were even happening. I remember hearing about it on the boards back in the summer I think. It all came out around the same time as champions league. So much but yet so little actual information about two revolutionary competitions at the same time was a little confusing. I also lost interest after going to the website and not getting clear information. After that I never went to the site again. I assumed it fizzled out. It sounds like an amazing event, so I'm only commenting to help encourage your advertising next year. Make information stupid easy to find!! I feel like if I didn't know much about it as involved as I am, then I can guarantee most people didn't either. Instagram and Twitter are great, but if no one even knows about it, they're probably not going to be following you. I think an insanely awesome video on YouTube could be an idea. Just look at the cheersounds video that made the rounds from stuntfest last year. I had people that knew nothing about cheerleading talking about it. Just an idea, because this sounds awesome and advertising can make it huge!!

I also looked up the prices of some sporting events/shows for comparison.

Average Concert Ticket Prices from 2013:
Beyonce: $120
One Direction: $63
Justin Timberlake: $113
Blake Shelton: $37
Taylor Swift: $85
I completely agree with the point behind your post... but I'm not sure you information is correct! Where in the world can you see Justin Timberlake (or even any of those artist) for that cheap. When I wanted JT tickets, the cheapest seats BEHIND the stage in the very top row of the nosebleed section were over $400 a piece! I would give my right arm to pay any of those prices!!

I am no marketing person at all so not sure that I have any helpful information to contribute. I would consider myself very involved and knowledgable on the industry - heck I feel like I live on this board throughout the year. Saying this because I honestly had no real idea what the allstar games were, when they were or really that they were even happening. I remember hearing about it on the boards back in the summer I think. It all came out around the same time as champions league. So much but yet so little actual information about two revolutionary competitions at the same time was a little confusing. I also lost interest after going to the website and not getting clear information. After that I never went to the site again. I assumed it fizzled out. It sounds like an amazing event, so I'm only commenting to help encourage your advertising next year. Make information stupid easy to find!! I feel like if I didn't know much about it as involved as I am, then I can guarantee most people didn't either. Instagram and Twitter are great, but if no one even knows about it, they're probably not going to be following you. I think an insanely awesome video on YouTube could be an idea. Just look at the cheersounds video that made the rounds from stuntfest last year. I had people that knew nothing about cheerleading talking about it. Just an idea, because this sounds awesome and advertising can make it huge!!

We received an All Star Games bid at a competition. Although we had heard the name nobody really new what the event was about. I searched the internet for any details I could possibly find. There was little available. So, I perused the website. But, no real specifics found there. There really wasn't much buzz about it in the cheer community. As a matter of fact I never found a single individual that could explain to me the event.

As competitive as the cheer world is and as much as cheerleaders talk and socialize, it should be easy to create a lot of chatter in the cheer industry. But, for whatever reason there was an information vacuum surrounding this event. The success of last weekend's event has done a lot to get the word out but will people remember the specifics come a year from now? I mean, even now I don't even know the categories competed at the event or the winners. Maybe mastering use of social media could aide in the dissemination of information without adding much marketing expense, I don't know.

I completely agree with the point behind your post... but I'm not sure you information is correct! Where in the world can you see Justin Timberlake (or even any of those artist) for that cheap. When I wanted JT tickets, the cheapest seats BEHIND the stage in the very top row of the nosebleed section were over $400 a piece! I would give my right arm to pay any of those prices!!

I've seen them that cheap. Plus that's probably face value - if you're getting them on Stub Hub they're marked up (that's the only way I can get them because I'm just not organized enough to get them before they sell out).

Beyoncé "cheap" seats were around $100 and same with JT when he was here. Not sure why - the United Center isn't particularly big. I really don't know - it costs more to see the Blackhawks play than to see Beyoncé or JT here! :(

(As for Taylor swift and one direction, they play places like Soldier Field - there are a LOT of seats, so they can have pretty cheap options.)

SUCH a sore subject. I almost cried I was so excited to see JT coming to Charlotte. But then I looked into tickets and they are over 350 each for the worst of the worst seats. That's literally almost my rent for a whole month. He's opening act should be JESUS for that price.

I think prices are that high around here because he's not coming anywhere else around here. So everyone from the Carolinas are fighting for tickets.

Well maybe not.

ASG moved their date to the week before CL so I guess they're not joining forces. I have as much interest in attending back to back weekends in Vegas as I do in Disney.

Le Sigh.

It was a site sponsored by a University that takes the average of all tickets sold to all of their concerts for that year. I think it depends on what city you want to see an artist in because when J.T. came to Pittsburgh, nosebleed tickets were around $65-$70.

Beyoncé "cheap" seats were around $100 and same with JT when he was here. Not sure why - the United Center isn't particularly big. I really don't know - it costs more to see the Blackhawks play than to see Beyoncé or JT here! :(

Well prepare to get your life together and get tickets early because this morning Page Six is reporting that Bey and Jay are touring 20 stadiums together this summer. Hoping and praying one of them is KC

When Beyoncé came to the MGM last year I paid 180 for off to the side, 3/4 of the way to the top seats lol. But the MGM isn't too huge so we could still see. everyone was out of their seats dancing anyway

Jt has scheduled 4 shows here over the past year, and tickets start around 120. again at the MGM. but stuff sells out so quick :(

If jay z and Beyoncé toured together, I might buy a ticket. Homegirl puts on a show!

SUCH a sore subject. I almost cried I was so excited to see JT coming to Charlotte. But then I looked into tickets and they are over 350 each for the worst of the worst seats. That's literally almost my rent for a whole month. He's opening act should be JESUS for that price.

I think prices are that high around here because he's not coming anywhere else around here. So everyone from the Carolinas are fighting for tickets.

I need to move to wherever you are. #northernvaprobs

Well prepare to get your life together and get tickets early because this morning Page Six is reporting that Bey and Jay are touring 20 stadiums together this summer. Hoping and praying one of them is KC

Yeah i saw, but I don't think I will like that. I hate Jay Z's music and seeing them together skeeves me out. A lot.

All my money is going towards moving somewhere warm and sunny. With palm trees and a pool.

Yeah i saw, but I don't think I will like that. I hate Jay Z's music and seeing them together skeeves me out. A lot.

All my money is going towards moving somewhere warm and sunny. With palm trees and a pool.

I'm going back to Cali. Cali. Cali. Going back to Cali.

Back