All-Star Anyone Watching The All Star Games?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm watching the opening ceremonies right now, and as cool as all the performances are, and the staging and lighting is... I'm still very confused as to what exactly these games are?:confused:

And incase anyone was interested, they now have people coming down from the ceiling with ribbon... what does this have to do with anything?!

Last edited:
Once again so many are so quick to jump to judgement without insight. Granted this kind of event may not be for everyone's norm or comfort zone but I challenge some of you to actually talk to competitors and family members of those here and get their feedback. I believe this entire concept to be absolutely revolutionary. It's the first event of its kind to bring aerial sports, allstar cheerleading and unique performance based athletic activities together. Yes it's pricey but the level of production, the quality and the experience in my mind are all worth it. I'm proud to be a member of top guns team equality who were chosen to be the official dance team of the games and dance alongside cirque and consider the entire experience to be beyond memorable. I've begun telling choreography clients and peers who are looking for something "outside of the box" about the positives I've seen here and think that this event is going places above and beyond.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Once again so many are so quick to jump to judgement without insight. Granted this kind of event may not be for everyone's norm or comfort zone but I challenge some of you to actually talk to competitors and family members of those here and get their feedback. I believe this entire concept to be absolutely revolutionary. It's the first event of its kind to bring aerial sports, allstar cheerleading and unique performance based athletic activities together. Yes it's pricey but the level of production, the quality and the experience in my mind are all worth it. I'm proud to be a member of top guns team equality who were chosen to be the official dance team of the games and dance alongside cirque and consider the entire experience to be beyond memorable. I've begun telling choreography clients and peers who are looking for something "outside of the box" about the positives I've seen here and think that this event is going places above and beyond.

I don't think anyone is judging it. The idea does sound great. I challenge the idea that charging a parent $115 to watch their child compete is ok. We already have to pay the comp fee. So if me, my cps sister and father wanted to support her, you're saying $345 is ok? For what? Good lighting and production? I live in Vegas, I can see a cirque show for $50. The pricing is outlandish. Let's just be honest.

Cheer cannot exist inside of a vacuum of " we will just charge whatever, and parents will deal". Perhaps it will work for a while, but i don't think it will be healthy for the sport long term.

I don't think anyone is judging it. The idea does sound great. I challenge the idea that charging a parent $115 to watch their child compete is ok. We already have to pay the comp fee. So if me, my cps sister and father wanted to support her, you're saying $345 is ok? For what? Good lighting and production? I live in Vegas, I can see a cirque show for $50. The pricing is outlandish. Let's just be honest.

Cheer cannot exist inside of a vacuum of " we will just charge whatever, and parents will deal". Perhaps it will work for a while, but i don't think it will be healthy for the sport long term.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. I wouldn't mind paying $115 to go watch this as a spectator. I have only seen vines, and youtube snippets and the official videos they are posting. I think once it grows to something big and more teams go. I see this concept growing and I know whole heartedly Luke Johnson will put everything into his production. Would I take my gym? Yes, possibly. The parents that would complain could watch on CheerLive. Id love my kids to have the experience. We contemplated attending this year but just wasn't in our best interest at this time but it will always be on our radar.

PS - @Drkilluzionz - LOVED watching you dance. I watched you the entire time than had to go back and watch the entire thing! LOVED the inspiration and learned my brother from another mother can WERK!

So any criticism or discussion that isn't praise is no longer allowed.

Got it.

Since parents don't have the ability to reason.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Its a business, and if the parents don't like spectator fees, and its in my kids best interest to take them for the experience, as a gym owner, I would make that decision (Note, I am not a gym owner, but I do own a business). We have several parents who cant afford to go watch our team at Worlds and so they will buy the USASF On Demand and watch from home. Not upset if thats their decision, I am just saying you pick a gym based on whats best for your kids, so if a gym owner things this is whats best, then go for it. They have other options if they don't want to go.

I'll say this and then I'm done:

Worlds is for a select level of teams. Parents expect that. At this time it's also the most prestigious comp for this sport.

The all star games don't quite fit that mold at this time.

Those prices are for people who did not purchase a spectator package or commuter package and we encouraged people to purchase those. If you didn't and chose to stay offsite then you would be paying those high prices.

Tickets to both days, opening extravaganza, drink tickets, dinning deals & 1 year subscription to Twisted Tv.. came with the spectator packages, along with your hotel rooms.

This is were Cory is saying people are speaking without knowing. If you are here and ended up paying those prices and not the package prices, we apologize, we communicating everything with every gym in attendance and will make the effort to improve out communications for next season. A large amount of gyms have signed on to attempt to get entire programs qualifies for The 2015 All Star Games. We are always about improving ourselves, so we take this as constructive. 5 people put together, ran and through this event this season, we are passionate about this sport and only want to improve and grow.

Hopefully this will help clear up some of the negative lashes we are receiving from the fierce board, which is all we have seemed to get everytime it's been mentioned.

People who are actually at the event have fallen in love and gyms who have qualified just one team are already doing what they need to qualify the entire program.

Give us a chance and we will blow your mind in the coming years :)

Back