Music Appropriate Songs ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
As a coach, music producer, judge.. what do you fellow Fierceboarders approach determining what is appropriate for teams? Whether it be all star, highschool, or middle school?

I coach a team and was thinking of doing a theme and I wanted them to dance to love shack and have it be like a cutesy little routine and dance. I coach midde school cheerleading and I just heard this song at karaoke the other night and I was like I bet I could make a really cute dance to this !

Also, as far as songs that say "turn me on" I wanted to use the song "turn me on" by nicki minaj and also "teenage dream" but lets be honest.. these kids are in middle school ? haha so what are people thoughts on this ? What do you deem appropriate .. is love shack not okay for middle schoolers?

I think Love Shack is Ok (partially because I love to dance to it) it does not explicitly mention any sexual act. It's just a vague innuendo. Turn me on, I HATE. These kids should not be being "turned on." Teenage Dream is ehh, if you mix it well it's much more appropriate, but again, we're being turned on

I think Love Shack is Ok (partially because I love to dance to it) it does not explicitly mention any sexual act. It's just a vague innuendo. Turn me on, I HATE. These kids should not be being "turned on." Teenage Dream is ehh, if you mix it well it's much more appropriate, but again, we're being turned on

Thats kind of what I said about the "love shack" its not insinuating anything ? no one really knows whats actually going down at the love shack haha maybe Im thinking too much of it hahaha and the turn me on song I dont actually like it either. Teenage dream can easily be cut a certain so it doesnt say it too.

I heard a team this year dance to the boys like girls "I used to be love drunk but now Im hungover" cute team cute dance and all that but I was like wait.. what? how is that okay lol

I judge here and there and take off for these things more than you would think. However, Love Shack is perfectly fine in my book. I associate it more with weddings and elementary school dances than with anything sexual. :)

Songs that drive me nuts and are inappropriate for middle schoolers:
-Any Nicki Minaj songs. A elementary dance team danced to Roman's Revenge and I wanted to write "What were you thinking?"
-Ke$ha's "Take It Off"
-etc etc

Thank You !

Thats a little much "Romans Revenge" haha we dance to moment for life but it was the good part of it "this is my moment Ive waited all my life I can tell its time" those parts ha - I am just picturing this super cute love shack dance in my mind Im like hmm my FB buddies will know!

Back