Arabesque Twist

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
We have been doing Arabesque twists with having our flyers hit a T position to the front to square. We have been told by a camp instructor and a choreography that the new trend is to hit a high V to the front in order to square. In their opinion it looks better. I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks for this? In my mind it might look slightly better but I am not sure if it is worth the effort because in all reality I do not think most flyers will hit a true high V and look the same.

Thanks for the input.

I guess to just further the question, I am always trying to be as close to the collegiate level as possible as well, so is this being taught at the collegiate level at all.

I guess to just further the question, I am always trying to be as close to the collegiate level as possible as well, so is this being taught at the collegiate level at all.
Personally I think the high v would be sloppy. I understand it for teaching the flyer how to ride but that's a about it. I think you should teach the flyers to ride by shrugging through their shoulders and wrapping their arms to their hip. I think that will be cleaner

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I think it looks better as a t and is easier for the flyers. I've never heard of somebody intentionally putting it as a high v.

My college team did a lot of arabesque twists and we have never done the high v thing, nor seen it, nor have I even heard of it.
There are many UCA style teams that do arabesque twists, like Morehead All Girl and West Georgia All Girl (they are into doubles though,) without the high v thing. If you're going for a collegiate look, I would keep it as clean as possible, just T to a clean twist, no high v.

I think the high v would look weird. Stick with the T!

Back