High School Are Squads Required To Attend Cheer Camp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We use it on the sidelines, but I feel confident that some of my older kids could come up with material that would be just as good in the eyes of the casual onlooker.
Pretty much my sentiment. Even better, I loved learning football cheers when our University didn't have a football team. Such a great use of time.

We use some of the sidelines to refresh the list and add and the cheer for quarters, and then the extreme for assemblies.. but that's about it, usually we only use a few of the sidelines. Some of the cheers have been favorites and have stayed in the rotation!

We go to away camp through TSC and LOVE all of the material and use almost all of it every year! They did cut out a lot of the fluff this year and it was so nice. They teach two dances, my JV does 1 and varsity does the other. We use this for our first rally every year. They also teach a cheer hip hop, which the kids love and we occasionally use at rallies. They teach 2 cheers and 3 sidelines. We usually use and keep about 50-75% of them each year. Very focused on stunting which is awesome.

As for credentialing, we do a two day home camp with UCA to fulfill this requirement. If we didnt have to do it, we would not. The dance is not something that we would use, personally my girls and I did not like it at all. The cheer was ok and we could use that.

The material that they go over that makes you "credentialed" is also covered at our away camp with TSC. They have done all of this stuff for years. It is very frustrating that varsity is doing this and making us spend more money for a basic thing that you really can get elsewhere, or even do on your own. The credentialing material took about 30 mins and is definitely just a way for them to get more money.

They have done all of this stuff for years. It is very frustrating that varsity is doing this and making us spend more money for a basic thing that you really can get elsewhere, or even do on your own. The credentialing material took about 30 mins and is definitely just a way for them to get more money.
Kills me that the NFHS is backing them and only them. If the NFHS actually cared about all the things squad credentialing covers, then they would do it on their own (like they do with concussions, injuries, coaching, and officiating) and have a squad credentialing program that all camp brands could apply to participate in. But since this is a Varsity initiative to boost camp numbers, not a NFHS safety push, we have what we have..

Kills me that the NFHS is backing them and only them. If the NFHS actually cared about all the things squad credentialing covers, then they would do it on their own (like they do with concussions, injuries, coaching, and officiating) and have a squad credentialing program that all camp brands could apply to participate in. But since this is a Varsity initiative to boost camp numbers, not a NFHS safety push, we have what we have..
Agree 100%

We go to away camp through TSC and LOVE all of the material and use almost all of it every year! They did cut out a lot of the fluff this year and it was so nice. They teach two dances, my JV does 1 and varsity does the other. We use this for our first rally every year. They also teach a cheer hip hop, which the kids love and we occasionally use at rallies. They teach 2 cheers and 3 sidelines. We usually use and keep about 50-75% of them each year. Very focused on stunting which is awesome.

As for credentialing, we do a two day home camp with UCA to fulfill this requirement. If we didnt have to do it, we would not. The dance is not something that we would use, personally my girls and I did not like it at all. The cheer was ok and we could use that.

The material that they go over that makes you "credentialed" is also covered at our away camp with TSC. They have done all of this stuff for years. It is very frustrating that varsity is doing this and making us spend more money for a basic thing that you really can get elsewhere, or even do on your own. The credentialing material took about 30 mins and is definitely just a way for them to get more money.

We have done 2 day home camps for years and generally have had good experiences. We choose to not learn the dance or cheers and work on stunts or elements of our routine like the cheer. We feel like we get the most out of it by doing it this way!

Don't you work for "them"?

Back