Are You On A Big Name Team And Not Your Famous Level 5 Team And Dont Get Enough Attention??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2012
Haaha this just came to my mind im on Maryland Twisters and im on level 3, I know all big name teams do this but it kinda sucks that our famous level 5 teams get so much attention like it all revolves around them. I love ALL of our level 5 teams ( Reign, F5, Eclipse, Supercells, Velocity, Weathergils, Black Ice, and Lady T's)

I think that l5 teams get more attention just because they go to Worlds and all of those big comps and they have the most advanced skills (Besides 6 or international teams maybs) :)

Haaha this just came to my mind im on Maryland Twisters and im on level 3, I know all big name teams do this but it kinda sucks that our famous level 5 teams get so much attention like it all revolves around them. I love ALL of our level 5 teams ( Reign, F5, Eclipse, Supercells, Velocity, Weathergils, Black Ice, and Lady T's)
Are you on Mist? lol

It's tough...and I'll give you fair warning, this board is very level 5 centric. However, that doesn't mean the lower levels go unnoticed. I know your coaches give you a lot of attention, and there are a lot of people here that are well aware of all teams that are a threat. You do you. You'll get the props you deserve :)

I sort of know how you feel. I cheer at Desert Storm, so its not a big name gym. Everyone always tells me if i cheered at a big name gym I would be a cheerlebrity since I am just as (or maybe even more) flexi then gabi butler. I think that just because that one team has done amazing for so many year doesnt mean they should get all of the attention. You know what I mean?

I love to see a great team, level 5 or not, and don't forget that tinytumblersmom is right, but I also know some athletes that may never be level 5, but they're still amazing!
And seriously, Cali has a Sr 3 mix that's insanely good, so it goes to show that it's not just the L5s that get the love! :)

No im on Blast :)
Oh, I think I saw you guys perform at Reach the Beach or Return the Atlantis! Either way I still think any Maryland Twister's team gets a lot of recognition because you knows are a very well known and respected gym! The World's teams may get more attention well because they compete at the biggest competitions but all of Twister's teams are good :)

The 5s are what brings recognition to your gym, and hence people (of all levels). The more recognition they can bring the more people want to be a part of your program which helps you build those fierce lower level teams. Neither of my kids are on our 5 they don't have those skills yet, and our gym is only three years old so basically no one knows us yet....but the 5 is making a big impact already in terms of recognition for the program and in my opinion the program having recognition is the most important thing. You should feel a part of a total program, not a specific team if your gym is going to be successful.

And this board tends to talk about mostly the 5s and the well known ones because they're the ones who are doing stuff people like to talk about (meaning skills). Now before you get sideways both my kids are on lower level teams but the conversation about the "fake tick ticks from prep level" is just not as interesting as the Cali Smoed pyro transition. Nor is my kid's awesome handspring layout as interesting to talk about as Holden Rays double double double double (may it forever rest in peace) :(

I tell my kids, if they want people to recognize them for their awesomeness ... And they are awesome...get to the gym, work hard and get yourself legitimately on a team that people recognize for THEIR TEAM's awesomeness. Because in the end, this is about the team and not the individual and that's helpful to remember. If you're vying to be the next cheerlebrity (and I seem to remember a comment in here about that) your priorities are completely out of whack in this sport.

Patience.....and a lot of hard work. That's what gets you attention.

Don't you worry, I watched Blast. Very good team, coached by a former teammate. But I do understand what you mean with not feeling the love. Ask Velocity how they felt day 2 at NCA. They were the only level five team from Twisters that didn't perform in the arena, and they went on about 5 minutes before Reign did in the arena. I was told by people on the team they basically performed to an empty room. It isn't always rainbows and butterflies on the level five teams. I definately do understand where you are coming from, I so get it.

level 5's have a wow factor but other levels can bring it just as hard. the only two twister team i can name are f5 and hail. sure f5 is amazing but when i saw hail perform i thought they brought down the house. my husband's fav team from our gym (besides cp's ;)) is our senior 3 and i love watching them as well.

my cp feels the same way though. she thinks everyone just cares about our sr5 team but it's not true. when we replay her videos i always tell her to look at the owner and all the other teams coming out to sit on the floor to support them as they perform. i think sometimes she just doesn't notice because she is in the zone!

but as tinytumblersmom said, it's the circle of life and you'll be there soon :)

Don't you worry, I watched Blast. Very good team, coached by a former teammate. But I do understand what you mean with not feeling the love. Ask Velocity how they felt day 2 at NCA. They were the only level five team from Twisters that didn't perform in the arena, and they went on about 5 minutes before Reign did in the arena. I was told by people on the team they basically performed to an empty room. It isn't always rainbows and butterflies on the level five teams. I definately do understand where you are coming from, I so get it.
Yes, that was a difficult weekend for the girls on Velocity.

Latest posts

Back