All-Star Asking Questions About Cheerlebrity's

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 20, 2011
Hello Fierce Boarders. I asked a general question about a cheerlebrity in which my child follows. The question was about her leaving an Elite gym and going to a non-elite gym in the same area (her choice). I don't see anything wrong with asking general questions about cheerlebrity's and the gym they are affiliated with. Since when did asking general questions become such a huge problem?? This is why they are cheerlebrity's because their cheerleading lives are in the eye of the public. I know that there have been threads regarding questions about cheerlebrity's but again I don’t understand people taking things out of content.

I agree with you. As long as you don't ask why or why not, then I agree ...what is the problem with asking what team somebody is on. You will have your answer when the season starts anyway. That's my opinion.

The problem is that the thread starts out innocently enough then people start asking "why?". That turns into "OMG! I saw on suzie's uncle's hairdresser's Twitter that cheerlebrity got into a fight with gym A and gym B is paying her to move. ". It just goes downhill from there.

I agree with you dawgshow. A perfect example of what you are talking about is for Vogue Princess to go WAAAAYYYYYY off point of the thread to turn it into something else by asking the question "what makes a gym non-elite" or making a comment that a gym went to worlds and placed in top ten. Thats a whole new thread topic. She completely missed the point! Not surprised though.
But to give a personal example of the comparison:
I graduated from University of Delaware and my brother from Harvard University. Both degree's in the same field. However, his education credentials are always more impressive in our job market for reasons of Harvard’s academic success as a whole. Furthermore, there are so many amazing gyms that can place in top ten. It’s not an easy job. But top three says ELITE. It takes more than placing in the top ten for a program to be considered ELITE overall. But what I consider elite may be different than what someone else considers elite.

I'm thinking not having worlds teams which are the most "elite" category in cheerleading, or maybe just not top notch worlds teams

Thanks @ CSSharks for keeping it positive because the topic was not about who is or is not elite. Your justification make since, but in this case we were discussing cheerlebrities. I appreciate your positivity:)

So I am wrong for asking a general question? when you stated above "The question was about her leaving an Elite gym and going to a non-elite gym in the same area (her choice)." I just wanted to know what do you define as a "non-elite" gym? But I got my answer and my personal judgement stands and was proven correct.

I don't see any problem with it. Some people just automatically assume you must mean something else and have ulterior motives for asking and then it quickly blows up. Whenever I post, I try to be as clear as I can about asking questions or giving opinions because I know how easily it can get twisted.

So I am wrong for asking a general question? when you stated above "The question was about her leaving an Elite gym and going to a non-elite gym in the same area (her choice)." I just wanted to know what do you define as a "non-elite" gym? But I got my answer and my personal judgement stands and was proven correct.
No, you were not in the wrong. I believe you were just trying to clear up some of the meaning of what she said :)

Back