All-Star Athletic Champs - Providence, RI 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just saying who would quit a 3x world champ team? I don't know why they quit, and yeah if it were money problems or something then that's reasonable. But it's wrong to quit mid season, it effects the entire team. Honestly, I don't care who quit or their names or why. And obviously 2 girls quitting shouldn't make 5(?) stunts fall. Wasn't implying that. :)

I don't really think it's your place to be discussing why 2 kids had to leave mid-season, especially if you aren't aware of the circumstances.

Soooo... Basically every piece of technology I own failed me this weekend. Stopped tweeting updates mid-level 5 thanks to my stupid phone. Sorry about that! I'm bringing a charger next time. I don't care hahaha.

Was kind of shocked that Stars got an at-large. I'd assumed they wouldn't accept anything less than full paid... On another note: Congrats to Star Athletics and Ody. Both teams looked great!

Quitting mid-season is a very hard decision to make, especially because it DOES affect the rest of the team, especially in programs that don't have a hundred level 5 athletes to choose as replacements.

You're right...money problems are definitely reasonable...so is failing health, so is failing in school... But people who quit a 3x time World champion team are the same type of people who quit hs teams, or no-name teams from small gyms...No one should compromise their health (mental or physical), their education, their happiness, whatever....and stay on a team just because of the amount of titles a team has or because of the prestige that comes with it..that's just sad. The girls who left obviously took a brave step and did what they thought was best for their own well-being. Whether their choices were justified or not is something that is their business and hopefully will remain that way.

The real question is..when is the right time to quit? But that's a whole different thread in itself. I'm not sure why either quit, but obviously things were bad enough for them that they couldn't stick it out until May.

Setup was horrible!!! J.W two of the teams I coach won, and when I went back and read the scoresheets there was not one positive comment. They were very negative. If a person who did not know results read them they would think we bombed. Are scores were good, but our comments, not so much ... Anyone else in the same boat or am I the only one?!? Super happy my teams won, but would have liked to see something positive on there!!!

Quite a few coaches I saw were disappointed with their scoresheets. It almost seemed like they were trained to only give constructive comments rather than complimentary.

On a sidenote, does anyone know the coach who was having some sort of health issues in the warmup room before level 2 awards/ level 5 warmups? I saw her and felt TERRIBLE. ): Really hoping she's alright

I'm just saying who would quit a 3x world champ team? I don't know why they quit, and yeah if it were money problems or something then that's reasonable. But it's wrong to quit mid season, it effects the entire team. Honestly, I don't care who quit or their names or why. And obviously 2 girls quitting shouldn't make 5(?) stunts fall. Wasn't implying that. :)
You also don't know why the stunt fell, there could be many reasons and also you don't know what stunts had to change to make the stunts work the best. If a girl leaves a team for whatever reason, it's happens but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect the whole team. If you cheered you know that some girls can't work with other girls because of different reasons, you may need to change more than one stunt to make it work out so they stay up. We don't know that unless you are on the team or at their practice. They work hard, and they just need to put it on the floor. Like they can. We don't know what will happen the rest of the season or what they will do. Only time will tell.

ece jr's i think did the best today. also, spirit central should not have gotten an at large they had two bad days.

Athletic said they gave the bids to the top 8 teams. So even if they had a bad two days, apparently they scored well enough to get a bid - or all the teams ahead of them had bids already.

After watching the video, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be or how it seemed. Grantedd they did fall and it was all around the same time, but it wasn't a messy fall. it was like clean, as clean as a fall could be. The rest of the routine looked good. The video was shaky but from what i could tell they still looked good besides the fall and they stuck everything else including the next portion of the stunt.

Back