Awkward Friendships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

know that they both like me. It's so awkward...any advice!?!?!Wait, there are two straight guys on your cheer team? I jest, I jest.
This is life, unfortunately. When people spend a lot of time togther in an activity, quite often feelings develop and may only be one sided. The Boy #1 put himself out there by asking you out, and even though you didn't tell him you did not like him, you still in a way rejected him by not going out with him now. And you did nothing wrong - teenage boys are fragile emotional beings despite many of their actions that would make you think otherwise - you can't feel responsible for this. Plus if Boy #2 likes you as well and they are best friends, they probably do know the other one likes you.
You may just have to deal with the awkwardness for a while and in the meantime hang out with the girlies until it passes. Your friendship with Boy #1 may not go back to where it was but hopefully you can get to a place where a level of comfort returns. And when you are ready to date, you might want to find someone who is not a teammate.

I am agree with cheerbank:cheering:

I'm at a very small gym and my team is all-girl, so I don't really have guys on my team to worry about. Just consider the consequences. In case of a breakup, it's not just the the two of you getting affected, it's eighteen other boys and girls. And imagine a stunt group divided. Boy that would be thousands of dollars in injuries.

Back