Back Tuck Help Wanted!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And, I just realized your new. Welcome and I gave you your first shimmy!

Continue to stretch and condition as much as possible outside of the gym, strength is the most important thing for progression, confidence, and safety. When at tumbling, utilize the time you are there with as many repetitions as possible, on multiple bhs and/or tuck, spot or no spot. It all begins with conditioning though, the harder you work outside of the gym, the easier it will be to progress inside the gym. Simple, right? Best of luck!

The trick is to open your shoulders, that helped me so much! Oh and my coach told me to flex my feet and aim to land on my heels so i wouldn't fall forward. Are you trying to get a standing or running? Good luck!

Make sure your back handspring has good technique before moving on to the tuck. My coach made sure of that and that we could do standing series, round off back hand, running series and toe touch back handspring before we could move on to tucks.

Throw really high back handsprings and begin to pull your legs. Although its bad technique, it helped me get over my fear of standing tucks. After that, I was ale to add technique

Latest posts

Back