OT Lower back

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 6, 2023
Hi!! I was at cheer practice tonight and I was throwing backhand springs on a trampoline/tumble track. I have a very big trust problem with mental side when it comes to backhand springs. Well I was threw one and I was going for another when i closed my eyes and I twisted my body. Well I didn't pick up my feet and i twisted.I fell on myside really weirdly and I started to cry. Not to sound bratty but i don't usally cry I usally toughen up, take it and move on but he second I twisted I know it was over. I layed on the floor for a few minitues and just started to cry. Well i got up and i could barely walk and my lower back on the left side. I have to dig my fingers in my back just because i can't walk without having pressure. The pain in my left leg when i dont have pressure in it is excruciating. I got off of cheer about 2 hours ago I am laying in bed with a heating pad glued to my back and I AM NOT getting up again. Any tips??

Are you not getting up because you are refusing, or are you unable to get up? If you are unable to get up, then you require immediate medical attention via 911 where they will be able to transport you safely. If you are able to get up, but it is very painful, you can try alternating ice/heat and an OTC anti-inflamitory for a couple days to see if there is any improvement. With that said, any back injury warrants seeing a doctor if you are in this much pain.

I am able to walk and stuff but i woke up this morning and every step was a challenge for me. My back is feeling better but the bad thing is, is that i have P.E and every day of the week and i have to stretch and stuff and i cant lift my arm over my head to a certin point without have terrible pain in my back. I have been heating it all night. Has this happend to anyone before. Just wondering??

This is a couple weeks late, so I hope you're doing a lot better now! But for anyone who may stumble across this, I had a similar experience with bad lower back pain. Mine came from overuse in back walkovers (I started tumbling late in the game, so even though I was flexible, I didn't have the core strength yet to keep from twisting a little every time). It got to a point where walking was excruciating, any little movement hurt, and I was losing sleep over it. It was like the pain radiated to the rest of my body from my lower back, so I very much feel your pain OP.

My family didn't have money for doctors to check the problem out, so I went to a sports chiropractor instead. Still costly, but far less so than imaging. It personally helped me significantly, a couple months of regular chiro appointments and I was back the next season, and I haven't had pain since. The biggest thing is to start resting up immediately; I made the mistake of ignoring it and hoping it would go away, and it only got worse. Back pain is no joke. You sound like a minor, so next time I would say something to whoever you live with! Under no circumstances should you have been doing PE, so hopefully your adults stepped in for you! I truly hope you're doing better OP, and that this doesn't keep you from going back for your BHS.

Also just reading across this: I have a friend that seemed to hurt iliopsoas muscle (right side) and continued to do sports. Eventually that caused an infection and disbalance in lower back spine leading to disc protrusion and herniation. Friend is fine but two vertebreas are now fusing "normally" - could have been a lot worse.
=> progress with care / listen to your bodies pain and dont overuse hurt body parts.

Back