Back Tuck Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe like two-three months? Technically I "had" it before then, I was just afraid to throw it

What's the actual progression/teaching method for starting to learn a back tuck? Once you have your standing BHS series and RO BHS series, is the progression similar to learning a BHS? First on the wedge, then the tumble track, then the floor, etc.

What's the actual progression/teaching method for starting to learn a back tuck? Once you have your standing BHS series and RO BHS series, is the progression similar to learning a BHS? First on the wedge, then the tumble track, then the floor, etc.
I started on the tumble track, then spotted on the floor, then by myself. I think that's pretty normal progression for a running tuck.

It took me a few weeks. I started by doing them on the tumble track and then progressing to the floor. I didn't teach myself I learned at my gym.

Make sure you have enough power to "punch" off the floor. You can practice by doing roundoff rebounds really high with your arms glued to your ears. Also make sure you use your arms to get enough height (and prevent an injury). Good Luck and Be Safe.

BTW try to master your RO back handspring first. It will only help you in the long run.

Everyone is different for the most part. The progression is pretty similar to learning BHS, just takes a little more confidence and core strength. Once you have R.O multiples with a strong, tight rebound you can start working some drills to teach your body how and where it needs to be throughout the skill. After that, tumble trak is a great learning tool along with your tumbling instructor who can spot you. You'll be doing it on your own in no time! =)

Latest posts

Back