Backhandspring Help?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 26, 2013
I went to two years if backhandspring tumbling classes and I still don't have it. I know what to do and how to do it but I think I'm having a mental block..... Should I try it on a trampoline by myself? Once you do it by yourself is it as scary as you imagined it?? Thanks!!:)

I had the exactly the same problem, yes i think you should try on the trampoline because that gives you more confidence to do it by yourself on the ground:)

OMG had this exact problem! First, do NOT psych yourself out! First time I ever tried it I was freaking out... I just thought about something else, threw it, and then was like "That was like... No prob." But anyways you should totally throw it on the tramp! Don't let fear take over! There is NO such thing as a metal block! YOU CAN DO IT!

Are you saying in 2 years of private lessons your instructor never had you try your bhs on the tumble track? If that is the case what kind of floor / mat have you been tumbling on?
I went to a tumbling class where there was other people.. I'm starting privates after the season is over. But when I did group tumbling classes I was spotted a lot on the spring floor cheer mat thing. I do it by myself on a barrel mat but when I'm ready to do it by myself in a trampoline I get really scared!:(

OMG had this exact problem! First, do NOT psych yourself out! First time I ever tried it I was freaking out... I just thought about something else, threw it, and then was like "That was like... No prob." But anyways you should totally throw it on the tramp! Don't let fear take over! There is NO such thing as a metal block! YOU CAN DO IT!
Thanks for the advice!!!:D I can't wait to throw it!!

oops, my mistake for reading that as private lessons.

I am surprised in 2 years the instructor has not had you try your bhs on the trampoline unless they are seeing something wrong and not correcting it. I would ask them if they think you are ready to throw your bhs and if they say just do it. If they as trained and certified coaches believe in you then you should too. Good luck

oops, my mistake for reading that as private lessons.

I am surprised in 2 years the instructor has not had you try your bhs on the trampoline unless they are seeing something wrong and not correcting it. I would ask them if they think you are ready to throw your bhs and if they say just do it. If they as trained and certified coaches believe in you then you should too. Good luck
Ok, Thank you!

Back