Backseat Back

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 8, 2012
sooo,, i backspot, and my flyer this season is fairley new,, and her ankle rolls during a lib, the only way it doesn't is if i use one hand to stop it, but everytime i do it, another back who's spotting is like you need to actually grab her ankle, and like its getting reallly annoying. because she's new, and really shouldn't be telling me how to back,, or distracting me during a stunt

Just be patient. If the way you're doing it is solid and consistent, then continue to do it that way. But if you couldn't hit it 10x in a row, perhaps take some constructive criticism. She may be new but there's no harm in trying someone else's idea once or twice. If she bugs you, just keep calm and carry on. I'm sure she just wants you guys to get better. You all get the same score in the end! Good luck!

Every flyer is different and you have to grab them different ways. With one flyer on my team I ALWAYS grab her ankle to stop it from rolling, other flyers I don't have to worry so much.
Talk to your flyer and see how SHE feels and what helps her, it is her in the air after all! It also wouldn't hurt to see if she's open to ankle strengthening exercises or wearing an ankle brace.
If you talk to your flyer, you're hitting, and the other back is still piping in, I would either be quiet or say "Oh, (the flyer) and I worked something out, but thanks for all your advice, I'll keep it in mind when we start working on (some new stunt)"

Latest posts

Back