OT Bags For School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

F!ERCE

Cheer Parent
Mar 23, 2010
Now that it's almost August, I'm guessing a lot of people are going back to school shopping. What kind of bags do you guys carry for school, and what "level" of school are you in (i.e. middle school, high school, college, grad, etc.)?

I carried a tote HS freshman year, a backpack sophomore and junior years, and a tote senior year. Next year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I got this tote for graduation:

AAAAC_6Rqf4AAAAAAD1EJw.jpg

which is big enough to carry a decent amount of stuff, but I think I'll probably pick up a backpack as well, just in case.

What about you guys?

I'll be entering the english equivalent of a high school senior in september and I use a tote. I LOVE the tote you got for graduation!

I carried a tote my freshman and sophomore year of college, but for the last 3 years I have went for a backpack because the totes were started to hurt my shoulders. I would only have class 2-3 days a week so I was there most of the day and lived off campus so I didn't want to have to leave and come back so I carried what I needed for the entire day. Freshman year is much easier to take a tote because you can easily go back to your dorm and change out books. I would definitely have both incase you need to switch.

The totes I carried my freshman year were ones that were given to the sororities on campus on bid day and then I had a few more made with my letters on them in different prints. They were really big and fit a lot of stuff. They actually could be worn across the body as well as just on the shoulder. Sophomore year I had a coach tote and loved it but it just wasn't comfortable. Now I have an adidas backpack that has held up for 3 years.

My freshman year of HS I carried a tote. But we don't use lockers at our school, we carry our backpacks all day an that started to hurt. So my sophomore year and this year I use a backpack. With bows on it of course:D

Freshman year I used a tote, and soph, junior, and (I'm going into) senior year I used a backpack. Team backpack.

My freshman year (of HS) I carried a Jansport backpack (love those!!) Then my sophmore year I got a Coach tote bag for my 16th birthday and I put all of my 'purse' items in that, and then just carried my binder and spirals in my arm and then whatvever books I needed, but I rarely used them. My junior year I carried all of my stuff in one of those Victorias Secret bags that they give out free with a purchase, blah blah blah, and I just put all of my things in there but it killled my shoulder and arm when I walked from class to class and upstairs and whatnot. But I think I'm getting a Coach bag for my 18th birthday! :D At least I hope, lol. But I'll just put all my stuff in there and then carry all my things in my arms. My coach purse looks like this:
2qkv4u1.jpg

College! I used to carry a tote, or put books in my usual oversized handbag, much to the detriment of my spine. This year I have a whole lot more cheer, so I've been embracing the backpack for the sake of my back and convenience. My campus is huge and I have classes all over, and catch public transport everywhere so having a backpack makes such a difference. I look like a bit of a dweeb and also like I'm 16 but I feel so much better. I can fit all my training gear in my backpack and then sling my nfinity case with shoes, wrist guards and socks (and bow!) over my shoulder. Your tote might feel manageable at the start of the day, but six hours later is a whole different story.

@F!ERCE its gorgeous!!!

Thank you! MK makes the bestttt bags. I carried one of his for school last year, too, and not only did it look cute, but it's still totally usable for normal day-to-day use even after a full year of carrying my books around. I love 'em.

my freshman year i used a tote from victorias secret, then sophomore year a northface backpack, then junior year......nothing. yes i was that lazy, haha

I'm going into my soph. year in high school.. and I've been carrying totes since 7th grade, lol. I like the look of them better for some reason.

i've always used cheapish tote bags for hs but now i'm going in to university and i need some recommendations for a good tote or across the body bags!

Back