High School Banquets??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty sure most high schools in my area has banquets at the end of football season and then at the end of competition season. My banquets for football season are usually more formal than the banquets I go to after competition season and then I have a banquet for all stars.

I'm pretty sure most high schools in my area has banquets at the end of football season and then at the end of competition season. My banquets for football season are usually more formal than the banquets I go to after competition season and then I have a banquet for all stars.
oh ok thats cool, so do most high schools have a competition team??

I'm pretty sure most high school's have a competition team. They're not all good but when I go to the high school comps there are always tons of high school teams there. However, high school cheerleading is much more popular in the south. I went fron Kentucky to New York and it was a major change in the cheerleading world, both high school and all star.

I coach a HS team in FL and our end of the year banquet is a huge deal! Our parents go all out to make it a special event!

I remember last summer at one of the camps I was working we were told that only about 10% of the schools that go to our camps will compete in fall/spring...... So I would say that most schools don't necessarily have a competitive team, however depending on the region you live in it could be different. For example, Georgia schools have their own state regulated system for cheerleading and you can win state championship rings just like football, so pretty much all of their schools compete!

We always have our banquet right after nationals - everyone goes, even if you weren't on the competition team.

Some schools in Baltimore County have an end of season banquet for all sports in that season (i.e. football, soccer, cheer, volleyball, etc.), but some schools, including the one I coach for, have been letting the sports teams do their own. We have one after fall season and one after winter season. We can do whatever we want, such as go to a restaurant, rent a hall or just use the cafeteria. We've been using the cafeteria, because it's less expensive and we've been able to get a lot of local food places to donate food, such as chicken tender platters from Chick-fil-a, fruit from Edible Arrangements and salads from Applebees. It's nice because we have such a variety and no one's family is excluded because of money issues.

Also, we give a gift to all of our cheerleaders and the seniors always get a framed picture of just seniors from that season's county competition. The girls look forward to seeing what gift idea we come up with and becoming a senior and getting that exclusive picture :)

I think pretty much every sports teams have banquets
We have ours at chillis every year

We have Fall Sports Awards at the end of the season. Which is literally all of the fall sports (football, cheer, girls/boys soccer, girls/boys track, golf, field hockey, and volleyball) Just an overview of the season, us coaches have to give a speech and talk about the Seniors, give out an MVP Award, Most Improved Award and Coach's Award. Also, those athletes who have been on a varsity team for 3 seasons get a varsity jacket that night. We also have a separate banquet for just the football players and cheerleaders which is a lot more formal, but pretty much the same thing!

And our Varsity cheer team is also our competition team! We don't have a junior varsity :(

We have Fall Sports Awards at the end of the season. Which is literally all of the fall sports (football, cheer, girls/boys soccer, girls/boys track, golf, field hockey, and volleyball) Just an overview of the season, us coaches have to give a speech and talk about the Seniors, give out an MVP Award, Most Improved Award and Coach's Award. Also, those athletes who have been on a varsity team for 3 seasons get a varsity jacket that night. We also have a separate banquet for just the football players and cheerleaders which is a lot more formal, but pretty much the same thing!

And our Varsity cheer team is also our competition team! We don't have a junior varsity :(
I think that its great that they include cheerleading in your awards because i know of some high schools that will not let them be apart of the awards because they dont consider cheerleading a sport!! which i think is RIDICULOUS!!

my high school banquets were thee best!! lol
we have it at this very nice park/banquet reception place (very nice, water falls, palm trees the whole sha-bang) lol
everyone that comes get all dressed up! have dinner which is very good!!!! then after everyone has eaten we do the awared cermony, by team, which we all get to vote for, and theres a little speech given to who has recieved the award and why they deserved it! then theres the coaches awards and other random awards! lolthen at the end the school video production alwasy put a picture video thingy from pictures through out the whole year!! and at the end of the video they play the comp cheer and pep team from nationals!! and then theres a senior gift exchange and the coaches gift! its really fun!!

Ours was called a banquet but it was really just an awards night. Our coach made us dress up, the other sports teams don't have to. But then we'd go in the library or wherever they assigned us and they'd hand out coaches award, most spirited, most improved, and MVP. One for each team

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I drudged up an old one!

Need an idea for special banquet gifts. We have a few girls that have spent their whole school cheer career with us. I want to get them a special gift to recognize the hard work and sacrifices they have put in, and since we have quite a bit left in our budget I'm trying to think outside of the cheap box I've been in for years! Thought about getting shadow boxes made with their uniform, medal from nationals, their team picture and name plate, but it was quote around $300 per girl. While we have some money, I don't want to go overboard! Any ideas appreciated!

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I drudged up an old one!

Need an idea for special banquet gifts. We have a few girls that have spent their whole school cheer career with us. I want to get them a special gift to recognize the hard work and sacrifices they have put in, and since we have quite a bit left in our budget I'm trying to think outside of the cheap box I've been in for years! Thought about getting shadow boxes made with their uniform, medal from nationals, their team picture and name plate, but it was quote around $300 per girl. While we have some money, I don't want to go overboard! Any ideas appreciated!
See if you have a parent or know someone who can make a shadow box. My dad made mine for probably around 50 dollars a piece, and that was with upgraded glass.

Back