All-Star Bases/backspot Training?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think if you do stunting workshops with entire stunt groups and rotate more experienced flyers/bases etc with them, they can see what they are doing wrong. For example, one day my team was falling all over we started doing hang drills and I started rotating to flyers around the groups and the back spots and the bases. The girls noticed that they were adapting to the bad technique of someone else to make up for it in their groups.. needless to say it worked wonders!

If places had classes like that, it would not only make them stronger but also make them more aware of their bodies and it would help cheerleaders as a whole.

Yes yes yes! We do this in the summer, everybody stunts with everybody! This helps everyone so much, bases, backs, and flyers. Good teams should be able to work with anyone flying, basing, or backing because they should all have good technique. Even now if one stunt group isn't hitting something, we'll switch flyers around to see if it the problem is happening at the top or bottom. If stunt groups are struggling, I highly recommend this.

Back