All-Star Batc Updates !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No she is released but she is out for the rest of the year. She had an acl injury & she isn't doing weathergirls. The point flyer on weathergirls was out for a broken ankle but is back. She was originally on F5 before her injury as well. 2 different girls. Both were on F5 but only one is now on weathergirls.
I knew they were 2 different girls, was just confused about the one's current status. Thanks for the update, glad she was there to help! Did she fill in again on Sunday?

Im not for or against this type of scoring, but the arguements so far are that performances from both days are somehow compared to each other when getting scored.

If they are scored correctly, your scores each day should be independent of each other. The only thing that gets compared on your scoresheet is the final number at the bottom. If you really want to win under this type of scoring you should do the same thing as any other scoring system - do well both days.

I definitely agree it was beneficial to do well here both days like any other competition. But the whole "your best score counts" was really more like "the Day 1 performances aren't fresh in our minds, scores are higher in general on Day 2, so you're better off if you Day 2 score is your higher one".

Scores are somewhat relative. Every different judging panel on every different day will score slightly differently. It is the nature of judged sports. This isn't a sport where you race against a clock and the same performance will clock the same time, every time. In a judged sport, teams who perform the same on Day 1 as they do on Day 2 will very rarely receive an identical score, even from the exact same judging panel. There's nothing wrong with this, but it can make things dicey when you start comparing scores from separate days of competition. A cumulative score of some sort would prevent Day 2 performances/scores from having to be compared to scores from a separate day (a more error prone way of judging, IMO).

Just wanted to say a quick thank you as well to shark dad whose twitter I followed..even without a twitter account..lol
And for everyones upates on the boards this weekend....always helps when ur home and away from your teams...
One last special thanks to NJ Coach for her support this weekend and answering all my questions behind the scenes...lol..we will have to meet in person at a comp soon !!!

I knew they were 2 different girls, was just confused about the one's current status. Thanks for the update, glad she was there to help! Did she fill in again on Sunday?

Yes we r glad she was there too lol & she did fill in again on Sunday.

I definitely agree it was beneficial to do well here both days like any other competition. But the whole "your best score counts" was really more like "the Day 1 performances aren't fresh in our minds, scores are higher in general on Day 2, so you're better off if you Day 2 score is your higher one".

Scores are somewhat relative. Every different judging panel on every different day will score slightly differently. It is the nature of judged sports. This isn't a sport where you race against a clock and the same performance will clock the same time, every time. In a judged sport, teams who perform the same on Day 1 as they do on Day 2 will very rarely receive an identical score, even from the exact same judging panel. There's nothing wrong with this, but it can make things dicey when you start comparing scores from separate days of competition. A cumulative score of some sort would prevent Day 2 performances/scores from having to be compared to scores from a separate day (a more error prone way of judging, IMO).

Agreed. Why not just make it a one day competition lol??

anyone have a picture of the jackets they give out?

I don't have a picture of mine cause its at my house and I'm at my parents, but when I got mine in 2008 (if they still look the same), it was a black running type jacket with purple accents and the battle at the capitol logo on the back and says National Champion, and on the breast it has the coastal corporation logo. I wear mine all the time. It's about 3 sizes too big for me though, so in the winter, I put 2 more jackets underneath haha.

Not sure where the post is about the jackets they give out is.. but here's a couple pictures:

2cqe491.jpg

15661bm.jpg

according to facebook pictures, and f5 jason, she is on all3 of the level 5 all girl teams. it's logan yartz.

Logan is on Weather Girls, she started out the year on F5 and has their uniform and came to competitions to support them until she was cleared. There have been to many injuries to count this year on Cells and she was filling in for an injured athlete. Logan has never competed with F5 this season the injury was in November? and she was cleared in February if I am not mistaken so you have mis-information.

just wanted to give a big thanks to cheer extremes small senior 5 for watching our small senior 4 the girls really were excited and also to cheer university large senior 3 for cheering on our small senior 3

I like taking the best score from both days. It just means that you need to be consistent both days in order to win and that is what all stars is all about. To be the best of the best you must bring your A game at all times. It also gives those an opportunity to change some stunts/pyramids to make them harder, which is a gamble, after day one standings to try and give them that extra edge on day 2.

Back