All-Star Battle At The Capitol 2013 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd disagree on stunt execution..I'd say it's probably a wash. The 1 1/2 ups were a little wobbly for WG (hitting at the top took a bit of effort, although they straightened out for the heel stretch), and LE's 1/2 switch ups (at least the front one) weren't all super solid. I'd give LE an edge on running tumbling technique ONLY, but my eyes are too blurry to even GUESS at standing so I'd give WG that one just because I can't visually see otherwise. I'd agree on jumps (although LE at least was clean on the pike, of all things). I tend to avoid pyramids because unless something is glaringly missing or SUPER slow, in most cases they're basically even.

This is new for me..I tend not to go this in detail. It's great fun :D
lol...I'd love to know raw scores

Okay I'm gonna ask, when I heard that F5 pulled out I just assumed it was because they got their paid bid at cheersport and wanted to save money for Dallas and worlds, because whats the point of traveling to BATC to compete for a paid bid they already had? But now that I know they did a meet and greet there and practiced, what was the point in pulling out of the competition...why not just compete and see how they scored against senior elite since it's the only large senior team they haven't competed against yet...idk I just don't understand what the point was for them to travel there for a meet and greet.

I'd disagree on stunt execution..I'd say it's probably a wash. The 1 1/2 ups were a little wobbly for WG (hitting at the top took a bit of effort, although they straightened out for the heel stretch), and LE's 1/2 switch ups (at least the front one) weren't all super solid. I'd give LE an edge on running tumbling technique ONLY, but my eyes are too blurry to even GUESS at standing so I'd give WG that one just because I can't visually see otherwise. I'd agree on jumps (although LE at least was clean on the pike, of all things). I tend to avoid pyramids because unless something is glaringly missing or SUPER slow, in most cases they're basically even.

This is new for me..I tend not to go this in detail. It's great fun :D

Shut. Up.

Okay I'm gonna ask, when I heard that F5 pulled out I just assumed it was because they got their paid bid at cheersport and wanted to save money for Dallas and worlds, because whats the point of traveling to BATC to compete for a paid bid they already had? But now that I know they did a meet and greet there and practiced, what was the point in pulling out of the competition...why not just compete and see how they scored against senior elite since it's the only large senior team they haven't competed against yet...idk I just don't understand what the point was for them to travel there for a meet and greet.
Were they contractually obligated to go? Even still, if they HAD to do it, I might have at least exhibitioned..

it's not a travel for them.

Different score sheet than NCA so not necessarily helpful in that sense, not a travel event for Twisters, very few even spend the night down there since its so close to home. Probably their only chance to practice over the weekend since the entire coaching staff was there vs. Glen Burnie. While it would have been fun for the spectators to see them, probably not much value for them as a team to perform. IMO

Back