All-Star Battle At The Capitol 2013 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Actually two girls with injuries - one who just had surgery and one who may need it...so there is plenty of need for practice and I am sure it wasnt as effective as it could be considering the location and the time - I also considered the use of the practice mats as what we got for paying the fee to go to comp and not actually compete - so money wasnt completely lost

The other reasons to go according to me daughter is SHE loves BATC because it is in their own backyard and she sees so many of her friends who cheer at other local gyms and gets to see them compete and the team had a little get-together to celebrate Cheersport win. The meet and greet was thrown in literally that morning and parents werent even aware of it.

For Tara it is athlete/team first, spectators and fans are important, but not at the expense of her athlete's health or the complaints of other teams because she chose to not compete.

And as a parent I am THRILLED I got the weekend off to spend with my other kids!!!!! Since we travel back to back to back.

According to the score sheet posted, Lady Elite scored 98.15. Surely that is a typo. It was good but not THAT good to beat the scores of all other level 5 teams.

Can someone tell me how the 50/50 scoring helps or hurts? How can a team improve its placings after day 1? Is it even possible?

Can someone tell me how the 50/50 scoring helps or hurts? How can a team improve its placings after day 1? Is it even possible?
If a team put on the best performance of their season on day 1 of a 50/50 comp, and the teams below them did not, then the scoring is not in their favor for day 2. Not saying they won't win, just that there's room for error especially if the points bewteen the top teams are close. Cp's team is in large junior 3 and the top 4 teams are within 1.5 of each other. It really could be anyone's game today, cp just knows that her team has to hit everything and there is absolutely no wiggle room.

That boy is my second son. He has a jacked up back that I got him with a trainer (virtually) with about midnight last night. Apparently she didn't move out of the way because she didn't realize he was going to throw it since he hasn't been throwing it in practice for his back issues. They're both okay and he killed it on medium coed (for which I'm DYING for a video to watch him) a few hours later. It's all good.
I'm happy to hear that! Good for him! :)

If a team put on the best performance of their season on day 1 of a 50/50 comp, and the teams below them did not, then the scoring is not in their favor for day 2. Not saying they won't win, just that there's room for error especially if the points bewteen the top teams are close. Cp's team is in large junior 3 and the top 4 teams are within 1.5 of each other. It really could be anyone's game today, cp just knows that her team has to hit everything and there is absolutely no wiggle room.
Good to know thanks! Cp's team is in a similar situation. She's in 4th but only 2 points from first and they had at least that much in deductions yesterday which is rare for them. Just wondered if they had a shot to move up today. Sounds like its possible:)

Good to know thanks! Cp's team is in a similar situation. She's in 4th but only 2 points from first and they had at least that much in deductions yesterday which is rare for them. Just wondered if they had a shot to move up today. Sounds like its possible:)
Good luck today! It's going to be a long one :enjoyshow:

I think his question was before the score was adjusted and the video came out. A lot of people were wondering how a team goes from a mid 80 score on a Jam scoresheet to a nearly perfect score of 98 a month later. After the video the confusion was how that particular routine is worthy of a 98 at all. I still think their current score is a little high...but more realistic compared to the way all scores are going at this competition.

SE looks SO much cleaner, although I do wonder-
Many love the look of a white uni, although I wonder if that can make things seem more chaotic than they are, especially with the background of most competitions. I've noticed the opening looks best on a simple back drop with lighter colors..compared to ones with all sorts of craziness.

That being said, they clearly did work this week- they look AWESOME. Slight tidying on the last jump, but that's an easier fix..

Actually two girls with injuries - one who just had surgery and one who may need it...so there is plenty of need for practice and I am sure it wasnt as effective as it could be considering the location and the time - I also considered the use of the practice mats as what we got for paying the fee to go to comp and not actually compete - so money wasnt completely lost

The other reasons to go according to me daughter is SHE loves BATC because it is in their own backyard and she sees so many of her friends who cheer at other local gyms and gets to see them compete and the team had a little get-together to celebrate Cheersport win. The meet and greet was thrown in literally that morning and parents werent even aware of it.

For Tara it is athlete/team first, spectators and fans are important, but not at the expense of her athlete's health or the complaints of other teams because she chose to not compete.
I know who is injured, my kid is on the team too lol

Back