All-Star Bedazzling Nfinity Vengeance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2015
Has anyone done it? I am on a high school and all star team and I have two pairs of cheer shoes... One is extremely old, they are (literally) full of blood, sweat, and tears, plus holes, signatures, etc. The other is a brand new pair.
I want to bedazzle one pair with rhinestones, but I don't really think I should use the new ones in case I mess up or because I am a flyer and I don't want to hurt my bases (the old ones are only used for tumbling)
Would the old pair look bad with the rhinestones?
Should I do it with the new pair?

Since you're a flyer they probably won't stay on whether they're on the new or old pair, and they'll both probably be uncomfortable for your bases unless you only put a few on. However if I had to choose, I would use the old ones so the new ones look the same as everybody else's on game day.

I have rhinestoned my shoes as well as the shoes of several kids from my program.. Both the Evolutions and the Vengeance. They look AWESOME especially on flyers in the air, even tumbling. Bases have never complained.
All four elite flyers on the one of the level 3 teams have had them done since December as well as two of our level 5 athletes, not including myself, and they have all only just started to lose any stones now (since the season is over and they'll all more than likely be getting new shoes for the 15-16 season they have been wearing them significantly more often than they were before [practices, classes, etc.] they've essentially become their new set of "practice shoes") and very few at that to where i can fix them in a second. If you wear them on a regular basis especially given what they're made for you will lose stones like a base loses rhinestone on their uniform top when you have a lot of competitions.
If you're going to go ahead and rhinestone you Vengeance i would make sure that you are very careful with the back area as its a type of rubber/plastic so if you're going to be using hotfix crystals you'll need to be extremely precise during the application process so that you don't melt/deform the shoe not that you would do very much noticeable cosmetic damage to the shoe, but it is still a concern.
In my experience the hotfix crystals will not hold on to the front toe area of the shoe for very long especially if you are a flyer. for that i would recommend buying a tube of e6000 glue. it is the best for this type of work. it dries in a minute, 24 hours to fully set and after that it dries completely clear and is flexible. It's industrial strength and you wont lose any stones in the near future.
i'll post a picture of the ones I've done shortly they're all on my phone and of course it just died...

4e0325ee5158bd6bdffc8e463ca000d2.jpg
f3a3dac13ac5f2c2d7c0a43363be465b.jpg
c582a0bb7d30edeb84fdc623951bdbae.jpg
314cca7518f711e7c2a1032fd65f9331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that just seems so... unnecessary. you did a great job and all and they look great, but i don't get it. but i'm just over all of the pageantry of this sport so maybe i'm just a debbie downer. Bah, humbug.
Hahaha. I know. It's one of those things up close it looks like one thing then there's the stage presence. The first pair I did for one of the Flyers I was like "it'll be pretty!" Not expecting much but it was like a cut thing shed enjoy. Then she wore them at a showcase and at a competition and it looked SO GOOD when she was in the air. But I'm that person that will add more bling to everything. My last new uniform added tons. I RE-rhinestones a champion jacket, put them on my OneUp jacket, it's become an obsessive hobby for me I think... [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

that just seems so... unnecessary. you did a great job and all and they look great, but i don't get it. but i'm just over all of the pageantry of this sport so maybe i'm just a debbie downer. Bah, humbug.
You're not the only one. I also wouldn't want my cp basing a flyer with bedazzled shoes. I know the owner said they never hurt her bases but one wrong landing could probably cause a nasty scratch to a face or arm. The lack of uniformity for the team would also bother me. Keep the bedazzling to the backpacks.

You're not the only one. I also wouldn't want my cp basing a flyer with bedazzled shoes. I know the owner said they never hurt her bases but one wrong landing could probably cause a nasty scratch to a face or arm. The lack of uniformity for the team would also bother me. Keep the bedazzling to the backpacks.
Or if they fell off and into the eye of a base... No thanks.

I did my top girl's shoes my last year as bribery for her to throw her standing full in competition. I talked to my group about it before I did it and made them mark through the stunt with my shoes (which had already been done). I didn't do the toe or anything crazy, I just did the strips on the side of the evolution. They looked great and we honestly didn't notice them because they didn't fly off and hit us in the face during our stunt.

I second what @yooolizzi said- if they're on the side I don't see the issue, however the toe would probably be really uncomfortable, especially with the more spikey rhinestones. ask your bases if they would mind and take their opinions into consideration and then try it out

Back