All-Star Being Scared Of Being A "gym Hopper"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you leave at the end of the season you're not a gym hopper.

If you leave at the end of every season, you may be a gym hopper ;)

In any case, you're moving, it's totally understandable. Oftentimes the animosity comes if you're going to a gym your old gym would consider a rival. But you need to do what's best for yourself. And moving and ending up with a 2 hour commute means you need to find a new gym. I wouldn't worry about it, especially because you're not doing it in the middle of the season.

If you leave at the end of every season, you may be a gym hopper ;)

In any case, you're moving, it's totally understandable. Oftentimes the animosity comes if you're going to a gym your old gym would consider a rival. But you need to do what's best for yourself. And moving and ending up with a 2 hour commute means you need to find a new gym. I wouldn't worry about it, especially because you're not doing it in the middle of the season.

I know someone who transferred COLLEGES at the end of every semester for two years. Like...what.

Hilarious your story sounds familiar!!! I am originally from Ontario and moved to Maryland because of my stepdads work and then moved back too! Haha gonna send you a pm!

Life circumstances change! there are greater things in this world than cheer (hard to believe right :p ) but moving is one of them! You have to do whats best for you. Driving 2 hours isnt always feasible. If you think its something you could consistently do and wouldnt conflict with working/school/whatever you're doing and could remain committed to your practices, then by all means stay! But 2 hours is a far way, NO ONE could blame you for moving gyms because of your new location.

Back