Best Allstar Cheer Gym In Austin Area?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a girl leave our gym (we only had level 2 and she was way beyond) she drives to Austin Cheer Factory and loves it. Her daughter is 9 about to be 10 and was on the level 4 sr team this year and is hoping for worlds next year.I would think getting involved in a gym close to her new hometown would help with making friends. If she is always on the road it seems it would be hard to connect in her new town-IMO

Hi there,
My family and I are considering a move to Austin and I have 2 girls in cheer. The thread has been very helpful but I was wondering if there was any more recent info out there. For example, I am curious how the gyms faired this past season (2011-2012)and if any competed at Worlds?

Spirit of Texas should be around an hour and a half away. That or austin cheer factory would be my pick. I would lean more twords Spirit of Texas only because I think that all of there teams are AMAZING! But, its your call! Hope this helped :)
Spirit is a great gym, but they are a good 3 hour drive away from Austin.

Hi there,
My family and I are considering a move to Austin and I have 2 girls in cheer. The thread has been very helpful but I was wondering if there was any more recent info out there. For example, I am curious how the gyms faired this past season (2011-2012)and if any competed at Worlds?

Hi! I live close to San Antonio but we go to Stars in Schertz Tx. Depending on where you are it may be a little bit of a drive but we moved here from TN and an came from a TN gym and hands down could not be more impressed. 3 of 4 teams that went took home 1st at UCA Orlando.
Another team also took 1st at NCA.
And most other competitions besides that were pretty much all 1st. So very competitive! I know the J3 team at 10 or 11 competitions only lost one time I believe.

Before finding this gym I was only considering one other gym and it was Austin Cheer Factory. They are definitely a lot closer for you and there really good or so I hear!
Good luck

If you live in Central Texas/Austin area, and will not make the commute to Dallas or Houston, I would look at Powerhouse & Extreme in Belton. They are both good programs with good coaches. ACF & Cheer Station in Austin. I'm a little partial though since we commuted to Cheer Athletics for over 3 years while living in Waco. Now live in DFW & love CA! Best decision we ever made! ;)

Thanks! I am hoping she'll find somewhere in Austin she loves, but planning for the worst just in case, lol. We live about 45 minutes from her current gym and leave an hour before practice so I am used to some driving. Someone else mentioned Stars Academy, just north of San Antonio, which I believe is about an hour drive. I did see them perform at Disney recently. Anyone have thoughts on that gym?

That's where my cp has been, this is now her 4th season. We really love it. Stars is very competitive. We have a J4 team this year and it's looking like a really strong team. I believe (locally) Stars is probably the only gym in the area that is growing. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I know one of our J4 girls came from Austin Cheer Factory, so there may be a carpool option for you :)

But the best advice I have is to visit each gym and see if they'll let you/cp participate in a practice, etc and choose the best fit for you.

Hi there,

I think ACF went to worlds, but didn't make it to finals. I could be wrong. Right now, that I know of, there are not any Worlds teams in this area. However, I know there is a LOT of young talent at Stars right now and, I suspect in the next 2-3 years there will be some amazing level 5 team(s) coming out of there.

Stars last season had Y1, J2, J3, S4.2 and SR5.
We went to 3 Cheerpower events and swept our divisions the first time and swept High Point for our divisions. At the 2nd event we swept our divisions and J2 received high point. At CP Nationals Y1 placed 3rd, SR5 2nd, and the rest got First.

We swept our divisions at Redline Nationals

UCA J3, Y1 and S4.2 placed first, J2 got 3rd, i think???

ACA Nationals Y1, J3, S4.2 and SR5 placed 1st and J3 3rd

NCA Nationals Y1 placed 1st and J3 got 5th and I'm not sure how the other teams placed, honestly...LOL.

I think ACF went to worlds, but didn't make it to finals. I could be wrong. Right now, that I know of, there are not any Worlds teams in this area. However, I know there is a LOT of young talent at Stars right now and, I suspect in the next 2-3 years there will be some amazing level 5 team(s) coming out of there.

Stars last season had Y1, J2, J3, S4.2 and SR5.
We went to 3 Cheerpower events and swept our divisions the first time and swept High Point for our divisions. At the 2nd event we swept our divisions and J2 received high point. At CP Nationals Y1 placed 3rd, SR5 2nd, and the rest got First.

We swept our divisions at Redline Nationals

UCA J3, Y1 and S4.2 placed first, J2 got 3rd, i think???

ACA Nationals Y1, J3, S4.2 and SR5 placed 1st and J3 3rd

NCA Nationals Y1 placed 1st and J3 got 5th and I'm not sure how the other teams placed, honestly...LOL.
Thank you for the post. I truly appreciate it.

Hi! I live close to San Antonio but we go to Stars in Schertz Tx. Depending on where you are it may be a little bit of a drive but we moved here from TN and an came from a TN gym and hands down could not be more impressed. 3 of 4 teams that went took home 1st at UCA Orlando.
Another team also took 1st at NCA.
And most other competitions besides that were pretty much all 1st. So very competitive! I know the J3 team at 10 or 11 competitions only lost one time I believe.

Before finding this gym I was only considering one other gym and it was Austin Cheer Factory. They are definitely a lot closer for you and there really good or so I hear!
Good luck
Thanks for the info. Does anyone out there have any ifo on Cheer Station in Austin? My girls are L1 and L2, 5 and 7, respectively so a drive outside of the city is not necessary at this time. My concern is good coaching, room for growth (ie. L3+), and friends.
Thank you everyone who has contributed to this post;)

Thanks for the info. Does anyone out there have any ifo on Cheer Station in Austin? My girls are L1 and L2, 5 and 7, respectively so a drive outside of the city is not necessary at this time. My concern is good coaching, room for growth (ie. L3+), and friends.
Thank you everyone who has contributed to this post;)

Ok I understand completely! My cp is 7 too lol:)

Anyways a few things I would recommend. I don't think your still considered a newbie... If you are then wait till your not. Anyways once your not banned from the Allstar section I would start a new thread over there. Several reasons being ... 1. This is an old thread so people either won't read it or they will read the first post and see its old and not respond and not know that your asking questions. 2. This is the newbie forum a lot of people don't venture over here often!

So my recommendation once your allowed to post in allstar then do so. Start a new thread with your question! I'm very confident you will get more answers!

I would give you the answers if I knew...
But until then I will give you this.

Here is the thread I started last year ... Now obviously it says San Antonio so a lot of gyms will be to far but I know there was a lot of talk about ACF so maybe you can get more information about ACF and idk maybe it's mentions the other gym your talking about to. I don't quite remember. Anyways it may be a good read for some parts of information until you can get the answers your looking for!!

Best Gym Around San Antonio, Tx | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading

Good luck:)

now go make a new thread in the allstar section with your question if you can! Lol

cheysmomager said:
**cough cough** Don't forget about The Elite Cheer Company (TECC)!!! We're in Austin. We are having a tough year this season, but my daughter and I really like it there and have no plans of leaving.

When my daughter started competiting, she was at a very inexpensive gym that was really more for the fun than anything. Normally the didn't do very well at comps (although she did get a 1st and High Point with them). The gym only competed at Cheerpower events and every event we went to it was the same 3 gyms that won (if they were there). TECC was one of them. All three of those gyms had the most awsome routines and their performance's were un-beatable. Chey Chey always dreamed of maybe one day joining on of those gyms. Of course, not having a crystal ball, I didn't think it would ever happen. But we moved here and she was so excited!!

just sayin!!

I am retracting my statement here!! My daughter was bullied at this gym. I will not go into details (I have proof) on here due to the fact I do not approve of bashing anyone on social media. But of you have questions, feel free to contact me. You would be horrified if you knew what happened!!

My email is [email protected]. I will answer any questions you have. I will also provide proof of anything I say!

Austin Cheer Factory is an incredible gym!! My daughter has taken this year off (due to what happened) but is eagerly anticipating joining ACF!! And their new uniforms are awesome.......just saying!!

We're moving to Austin this summer and I need to find a new allstar gym for my daughter. She currently cheers on a senior 4 at Orlando Allstars, but she's only 13 so I definitely need somewhere with level 5 teams so she can move up.
Any recommendations? I know Dallas would be better but I just can't do that commute. Willing to commute up to an hour or maybe an hour and a half if I find somewhere she just LOVES. So where are the best places to cheer in the Austin area?
cheer athletics or sprit of texas are both AMAZING gyms!!!!! :)

I am retracting my statement here!! My daughter was bullied at this gym. I will not go into details (I have proof) on here due to the fact I do not approve of bashing anyone on social media. But of you have questions, feel free to contact me. You would be horrified if you knew what happened!!

My email is [email protected]. I will answer any questions you have. I will also provide proof of anything I say!

Austin Cheer Factory is an incredible gym!! My daughter has taken this year off (due to what happened) but is eagerly anticipating joining ACF!! And their new uniforms are awesome.......just saying!!

Sorry you had such a tough time especially for your daughter.

Back