Best Knee Brace

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 30, 2012
Hey everyone!
I had a pretty rare knee injury in May 2011 and because i not only tore my ACL, but i tore my lateral meniscus and my PLC (posterolateral corner). Because of this complex injury i was not able to return to cheerleading for an entire year post-op. The anniversary of my surgery is in late june so I am planning on going to my orthopedic doctor next month to discuss my brace options! I'm 99% positive I'll get a DonJoy brace, however, not sure which specific one to get! If anyone out there has had an ACL injury and returned to the sport with a brace I'd love to hear which one you have and any advice! I'm excited but nervous to return, so I am very much so open for advice! Thanks so much!!

I would ask your physical therapist or doctor! They could probably recommend the best ones. DpnJoy are the best though!

Had almost identical injury...ACL/MCL/Mensicus and fractured tibia. My ortho is the team MD for the Houston Texans. He issued me a DON JOY after reconstruction. Also his advice...get out of the brace as soon as possible.

i heard that same advice, and retore my acl the 4th practice without my brace... i had a donjoy but i think im getting a cti now

always go to your doctor first! they will be able to give you a brace that fits your needs and that won't injure you more!

DonJoy is the best for braces in my opinion my ankle one is fierce..my ankle literally does not move from the position its supposed to be in ..impossible to roll

so after more doctors appointments, they decided that it wasnt necessarily because i wasnt wearing my brace that i reinjured my knee (but i still think it wouldnt have been as bad if i was), now they say my body refused the graft. anyways, you should look into CTi. I dont know a ton about it yet, but it seems like every extreme sports athlete uses those, and i feel like what we do is most comperable to them versus other sports

Back